Monday, November 30, 2009
"When I prayed that day, and what I have continued to meditate on since, is the hope that we don't lose the ability to make contact, to ask for love, to ask for healing, to ask for someone to be with us lest we grow so comfortable with alone we forget what together feels like and how powerful touch can be." I stole (borrowed, I prefer borrowed) the above quote from my eldest step-sister's blog. I keep an eye on her blog, though I don't think she knows it. Also, the J5 do NOT read my blog. As far as I know. I don't talk about it, I've never mentioned it. How can I write about them if they know about it? So I pilfered the above from her blog to share here with you all. I feel that she is talking about me. I may have mentioned (in error, I should have never mentioned it!) that I had teared up a little while watching the Macy's parade. C'mon people! Who doesn't?! and not to mention the fact that I had pms and was kinda emotional that day anyway?? I think that too many people in my family and even some of my close friends feel that something is going on with me. IT ISN'T. Nothing, as in No Thing. By my own design, I am busy really freakin' busy. Intentional or not, it's a fact. Therefore I don't have time to decorate. I do have time to send out cards (which I did), wash my holiday sheets and comforter and throw those on the bed (which I did, and yes, I'm sleeping with Santa bitches), I will make time to shop. What is not happening is me sitting around wallowing and keening and curling up like that Cymbalta commercial. Trust me, I know how powerful touch can be, but the kind I'm looking for is NOT the kind that can be supplied by family, ya know what I mean?! And What is wrong with growing comfortable with what alone feels like? I am fine with alone. I like alone. Being the youngest twice over (youngest between VonSis and I, and also youngest between the J5 and VonSis and I) I had a LOT of not alone time the first 25 years of my life. For the past number of years I've been down-right gleeful to have my little apartment to come home to A L O N E. I like to eat cereal for dinner, ice cream before bed. I like to blast my stereo - one day ManOWar, the next Yanni, and not have to answer to anyone. I LIKE ALONE. Ultimately, yes, I see myself married and hence Not Alone, but looking at the now and at the near future, I don't have a problem with the comfort of alone. And it really bothers me that someone else does, on my behalf.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
You know what I am not thankful for? Waking up at 3:30 am to drive VonSis to train station then going home thinking 'Oh no problem I will fall right back to sleep' only to not fall back asleep until 5:30 then having to get up at 6:15 to go to work. Not thankful for that, not at all. Yes, I know above is run-on sentence but oh did I mention I don't do caffeine, so I'll just have to suck up the tired and write run on sentences?!?!?
Monday, November 23, 2009
Pretty much the easiest blog post to write. It's almost like cat vacuuming. What I'm thankful for this year:
- I got some good news from the doctor today. I had been worried for a few months about some test results. Turns out that a resident had given me some incorrect information and that I'm actually doing ok. I'm thankful for my relative health and well being. And there's nothing wrong with the healthier habits I've begun, so I'm not too mad at that resident.
- I'm thankful for my jobs. Every day I still feel like the luckiest person in the world with my full time job. I'm beyond thrilled that Old Town has given me a part time job that I can't wait to really get cracking at, even if it is only once a month. I do still love my job at DANK, even though I'll be losing the paid part of it in January when my term with the board begins.
- I'm thankful for my quirky, weird, lovely family. I love that we are unique and awesome and at the very least understanding of each other.
- I'm perpetually and eternally thankful for my friends. One of them has asked me to write a post for her, and I will, probably in December. I'm thankful for her, and every other one of my very best friends. My friends are my best assets, and my best qualities. They make me a better person, each and every day. I'm so grateful to have so many wicked awesome people in my life.
- I'm still thankful to the Michigan Ave Apple store - I swear, I'm going to take you all behind the bleachers and make out with you. Love the mad customer service skills you threw my way.
- I'm thankful to have not one but two warm loving places to go on Thanksgiving - see above friends and family mentions
- Also thankful for my sweet little apartment.
- And can't forget music, forever time!, always forever thankful for music (and certain bloggers who send me new and wonderful tunes to check out!)
Ok. That's enough schmoop for now.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and theirs and those other peoples.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
1. I strongly dislike it when people wear their scarf on the outside of their coat. Half assedly tied about the neck area. What does this do for you? Why are you showing off your ugly scarf? Scarves are for warmth - so they should be inside the coat, keeping your precious neck/chest/front parts warm. 2. If I changed my blog name to AA Von for Now, would I then be more at the top of others' blog rolls than at the bottom? I'm getting a complex. Just became aware I'm using italics oddly today. It's like a bad Grover skit from Sesame Muppet Street Show - like the one where he runs up to the camera and yells "Near!" then runs back away and yells "Far!". Do that in your mind when you read the above italicized words: "Outside!" runrunrunrun "Inside!" runrunrun "Top!" runrunrun "Bottom!" runrunrun
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I'll be missing "Sons of Anarchy" tonight. Even though it's going to be awesome. Really awesome. Jax is all back in the club and stuff, and now they know about Gemma, and what are they going to do about it? and oh my goodness is the cop going to get it from Clay because he kept it a secret? and Jax may or may not get naked again..... but I digress Because I'm a freakin' saint - I'll be volunteering at Soldier Field at a fundraiser for the Muscular Distrophy Association. Immediately after work until pretty darn late for a school night. Volunteering, it's how I roll. That, and someone super awesome works there, and asked for my help, so of course I said yes, because did I mention she's super awesome?
Monday, November 16, 2009
I sat down last night, just me, my iPod and my computer and drafted not one, not two, but three blog posts. I deleted them all, because, well, they all sucked the big one. Really really sucked. I wouldn't bother reading them, and it's my blog! Oh crap. Apparently I have bloggersblock. Please advise how I can shake the disease.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
So, yeah, I'm a little busy these days. Tonight, I'm volunteering at Old Town from 5:30 until 8:00ish. At 9:00 ZOMG - 90 minute "Sons of Anarchy" 90 minutes!!! I'm off work tomorrow, but I've got to go to teh gym (yes, again, shut up) and I have a thing at Old Town for my new very very very part time job that I got there, followed by german school. Thursday work/VonMom's/Deb's Friday work/Old Town Saturday OMG - LaurenfromBoston Ijustloveher! is in town. Will be spending some quality time with her, TheMarty and ChokingDan. I just might be choking Dan, but he could choke on his own, so he's ChokingDan. After that quality time I have my first night of training for the new job at Old Town. Excited! Sunday Not Your Momma's Book Club final meeting for the year. There will be wine. Lots and lots and lots of wine. And maybe some carbs. Sooooo Maybe I'll post next week. Yesterday I mentioned I'm taking an internetz dating break for the week. It's actually going to be a home computer break for the week. Try not to miss me. I will mail you a post card if you end up missing me too much.
Monday, November 9, 2009
I've been remiss. Damn stooopid internet dating stuff takes up all of my good quality internetz time in the evenings. Embargo on the dating website this week. Hoping to write a blog post tonight. Hoping, because I've got nothing in the hopper. Well, one thing, but it was so much better/funnier/better/in-depth over a week ago when it started bouncing around in my brain. I'll try. Oh, and I'm going to the gym tonight. Yep, pick yourselves back up off the floor. That's my plan.