Saturday, June 20, 2009

Best of Intentions

I have a couple of decent posts a'brewin in my melon, but time has not been a friend of mine. So, here it is, Saturday night, and I'm writing a post about why I didn't write a post yesterday. Thanks to "The Facebook" (as Chris calls it, she's sooooo German sometimes) Laura and I have reconnected with the twins that we were best friends with all through high school and into college. We met them for beers and burgers last Sunday to catch up. Turns out that one of them lives 7 houses away from me, and has for 3 years. Damn, small world!! The other one lives less than 10 minutes away. So, instead of writing a post Thursday night, I walked my happy ass and a case of beer over to Twin1's house to hang out with both of them. We watched "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" and drank and laughed and had an awesome time. Also, work has been crazy lately. Thursday night we moved our office. We left the offices we shared with another small division (5 people) of the gigantic corporation we work for. Friday I had to find my way to the new office. We now work with all of the other Chicago employees of the corporation. Our new space is 3 floors worth of people. It was like being the new kid in school. CB had some things to do in the morning, so she didn't get in to the office for the first few hours I was there. I didn't even know where the bathroom was. It was mildly intimidating. I plan on writing more about the move next week too. I know, I know, I'm rambling - basically the move was the other reason I didn't get to post something worth reading. Mea culpa. Next week I hope to post something worthwhile.

No comments: