Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quick note

Wow. A week without a post, and no one gave me a hard time about it? It's like you knew I was busy or something. OR You just don't give a shit. Either way. I'm back, but less frequently. Need to watch my ps & qs at the workplace. What, like you don't write posts at work? Mmm hmmmm. The last week has been pretty intense/amazing. I got to see many people I haven't seen for a long time - helllllo German class crush! I STILL loves you a lot! - and friends who have moved away, and friends who were internets but are now actuals. No, I can't give you a recap of the big bloggy meet up. Someone might kill me. What I CAN say is that I'm obsessed with Jennifer, Snag, MenD and Zombie. These people are HIlarious. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard, so long, or nearly spit out my beer due to laughing. The Lamblets? Absolutely precious. I tried to stuff Youngest Lamblet in my suitcase to take her home and live with me forever times, but Jennifer wasn't having it. Eldest Lamblet is super cool. I'm happy to be someone she knows. I made it my goal to make her giggle. Other children present were delightful, and silent, and cool. Who could ask for more. You get nothing else from the weekend. SORRY!! VonCar hated the going fast for long stretches of time, and has thrown a big enough hissy fit that it's now in the shop. Boo hiss, VonCar, I was just reveling in my freedom, and plan on doing some more long driving. As long as it does not involve highways/freeways/merging. (yes, still, shut up) I am, though, very very proud of myself for driving there. There WERE merging things going on. And a stretch of freeway action. Ok, granted, I got ON the freeway where it began, and got OFF the freeway where it ended, but I was ON the freeway, and driving. Yay me, I say.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Von! That sucks about the car!! Maybe you just didn't realize what an inner-speed demon you had and the car wasn't ready for it. I hope it's fixed soon and that it's nothing big.

Noodle and balls... what ya going to do. :)

And speaking of balls... thanks for having them and sleeping in the room with the scary crib... Moowaahahaha!

fish said...

All of Wisconsin is scary.

Kathleen said...

I look forward to even more incomprehensible posting and commenting from the crew.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Sea minerals, Kathleen.

That's about all I remember. Except Von likes my iPod.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

What, like you don't write posts at work?

I don't have a blog.

Jennifer said...

Except Von likes my iPod.

I hope she didn't say that in front of your wife!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

All of Wisconsin is scary.

All of Wisconsin is divided in three parts.

Sounds like a superfun get-together.

That's about all I remember. Except Von likes my iPod.

Size does matter!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

All of Wisconsin is scary.

SOMEone is JEA-lous!!!!

However, considering WI is the home of The Violent Femmes, Ed Gein, Tommy Thompson, and Jeffrey Dahmer....

But also, Harley-Davidson, Les Paul, and Zombie Architecture, so maybe it balances.

And you know what we needed? MOAR BALD BASTARDS!!!

Jennifer said...

Hey Von... your email is blocking me. :( It's because of the crib, isn't it??

Or... maybe because you found out St. Otto made your car go boom.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Need to watch my ps & qs at the workplace. What, like you don't write posts at work?

I would rather have been at the lake than working in the banking sweatshop.

P.S. The 2006 Honda Civic I bought in 2008 for less than 16K loves going fast (even up W.V. mountains) and it doesn't use much gas while doing so.

Hasn't had to go to the shop yet.
~

Mendacious D said...

That was some fine highway driving. Just sayin'.