Monday, April 25, 2011

Other shoe?

Again, I had a fantastic weekend.
Leaves me waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Friday night I was working a show at Old Town, which you all know is my happy place. Well, now it's my VERY happy place.
I've been offered (and have accepted) a house manager position! I've been waiting and wishing and hoping and praying for this for a loooong time. I thought my best shot would be when they open the new building in January 2012. I've mentioned (and mentioned and mentioned again) that I would love to be a house manager.
And, as of August of this year, I will be one!
I'll be saying goodbye to my volunteer shifts/points etc....and will be an actual member of the Old Town Staff.  I was so excited that I couldn't fall asleep Friday night.
This is a part time weekend/evening thing, so this will be in addition to my full time real life jobby job.

Saturday morning I was out running errands when LB1 called. She asked me if I had time to run by her house.
Um...?
She had been in WI last week, and had remembered that I didn't buy myself enough New Glarus beer, so she bought me a case of Spotted Cow.
Oh, did I make time to go over and pick that up!!!
So awesome. And of course, when I offered to pay for it, she would have none of it.  She really does spoil me.  I'm very lucky.

Sunday being Easter was family day.  While I do not attend Mass,  I do believe in Easter and what it stands for, and I do love the chance to spend time with people I care about.
While the people were at Mass, I cranked up some Dropkick Murphy's and baked some Pillsbury rolls and such. 
I headed upstairs to brunch the second everyone got back - my timing is amazing.
Sadly, VonDad was home sick and didn't come to brunch.  VonMom said he has a cold, but VonSis said he was really sick.  Love the downplaying, VonMom.  I dressed all cute in a new dress, fixed my hair, put on makeup.......and wore white tennis shoes.  That was specifically to piss off VonMom. Can't give too much, you know. 
I stayed upstairs until 4:00, I felt that was long enough for brunch.

I have had not one but two bagels. Ah, so glad Lent is over!!

9 comments:

Brando said...

Congrats on the Old Town gig, that sounds awesome.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congratulations, Von. Nice to see all your efforts are paying off.
~

Jennifer said...

Yay! Congratulations, Von!!! I'm so happy for you.

I was also happy for you yesterday, when I realized you were probably eating bagels. :)

Now, onward with the cheeseburgers and trash talking of the strangers!!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Congrats on the Old Town job- it's nice to work at a place you love!

That was specifically to piss off VonMom. Can't give too much, you know.

What's mom got against tennis?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Give Jonboy Langford a big ol kiss from me.

Vonnie said...

Thanks all! I am SO excited, and I cannot wait to get started!!
Z - I saw him Friday night, he came to the Mighty Sparrow/Calypso Rose show. I said "Hi Jon" he said "Hello you!" I know he barely remembers me, but that's ok.

If any of you are even in Lincoln Square, make sure to stop by my job#2, OLD TOWN SCHOOL OF FOLK MUSIC!!
Squee, I am SO excited.

Jennifer said...

EL will hopefully be taking a tap class there this summer.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Interestingly, well to me at least, iTunes is throwing up a lot of Langford and Waco Brothers music today.

sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.