Monday, March 29, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Yes, the damn river is green. But guess what? The damn river is ALWAYS GREEN. Whatever.
- Today being today means one sucky thing. That Shamrock Shakes - of which I've only had ONE this year - are going away. You'll be hard pressed to find one. Damn it.
- Instead of going out and drinking with a bunch of amateurs, I'm going to R's. He's cooking corned beef and cabbage. I don't like corned beef and cabbage. I made cupcakes. I'll be having cupcakes for dinner.
- I'm slightly irate because my guitar teacher is playing at one of my favorite bars today. But only until 6pm. Don't these people realize real people have real jobs, that make it difficult to get somewhere by 6pm? Damn musicians.
- I am cranky, thanks for noticing. But it's not like I'm hiding the fact that I have pms. Damn pms.
- I'm waiting, patiently, for Q101 to play ANY Irish song. Like, um, how about a little "Shipping up to Boston"? Or some Flogging Molly? Hell a little Black 47 "Bridie!" never killed anyone! Damn Q101.
- I'm mulling over a post about the ridiculous outpouring of b.s. that came my way when R and I changed our teh facebook relationship status to In a Relationship. It's going to be a good post. Scathing, but good. Stay tuned. Damn teh facebook.
- I've been practicing my chords and switching between them. I practiced for about 40 minutes on Monday, and about 40 minutes on Tuesday. My fingertips hurt, sting, and are a little numb. Damn guitar.
- Top of the mornin' to ya.......
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
- I didn't realize how much I missed something, until I got it again.
- Guitar is hard. Not just hard, but fucking hard. Ouch, there's a small blood blister on my finger.
- There is a song written by Hank Williams that has my name in it like three times.
- Reading chords was impossible for me, and I felt stupid (which I found surprising) BUT
- I have the greatest musician friends in the world, and the amount of outside of class help I'm going to get is amazing.
- I didn't hate TheBrother's TheFiance. As a matter of fact, I liked her. As much as snarky, evil, bitchy old me can like a 22 year old chick who got engaged 5 weeks after meeting TheBrother.
- I didn't hate seeing R two days in a row. Probably won't make a habit of it, but I didn't hate it.
- Even John Prine is annoying after three and 1/2 hours.
- I don't hate the band Elbow. I wish I did. I don't. The hipsters, they will not break me.
- We convinced a 44 year old women that Mennonites come from Menonia, a very small country between Germany and France.
- Receiving a gift from a co-worker was both surprising and a huge mood booster. Sure, she bought the earrings for herself, but never wore them, and thought of me when she stumbled across them. They are Phillips head nail heads. I adore them, put them on immediately. The gift and the thought were surprising.
- I don't believe how much I cry when I watch the Oscars. Me? A crier? For shame!!
- Home-made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, salad and wine with a good friend was the very best way to beat the Sunday blues. (Not surprising, but the meal was soooo good, I had to mention it.) To visit this awesome cooking friend of mine, go here.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Yep, I'm raising a glass.....to MYSELF.
Tomorrow I start my Guitar 1 class at Old Town.
I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Got my official song book, got VonDad's wicked awesome guitar all newly strung and tuned and shined up and stuff.
Don't got? The ability to read music. Or follow directions very well.
But I have drive, determination, and guts.
And, I'm cute.