Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
- She works her ASS off, all summer for me and LB1.
- She has a great attitude
- She's smart. And driven.
- She's got a great work ethic, for a 20 year old, sure, but there are a lot of people I know that can learn a thing or two from her.
- She really does go to Starbucks whenever we want! Sometimes every day!
- She's adorable
Here's why I don't:
- She's adorable
- Like, all 90 lbs of her
- And 5'0" of her
- Standing next to her makes me feel like....um...... like
- Like Ursula to her Ariel
- Like Snuffulopogus to her Elmo
All kidding aside, I'm sooooo glad she's back!
2. Not Your Momma's Book Club (why, yes, I DID name it, thanks for asking!) had our "On the Road" Jack Kerouac meeting in my awesome yard on Saturday. 3.5 bottles of wine and 5 hours worth of meeting. We're a good club. Really good. Like new people want in to NYMBC all the time. We're letting two new members in this month. I don't think they know about the blindfolds and paddles that come with the first meeting, but whatever.
Not so sure about this new book - "The Help", but in an effort of democracy, I'll read it. Majority rule and all that. I have to get a copy, LB1 is checking to see if she has it to lend to me. Otherwise I'll be hitting up half priced books.com or whatever it's called.
Happy Monday, my shiny happy people, happy Monday.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- The happy happy fun loving people.
- The delicious food
- The very chilly Hofbrau Original
- My german flag dress and the many complete strangers who took pictures of me in it
- Hot hot men
- The $$ made for DANK
Worst things about MaiFest:
- The happy happy fun loving people who don't know when they've had enough
- Popped polo shirt collars
- The monsoon that was Saturday night
- The Hawks game that stole our thunder Friday night
- The very chilly Hofbrau Original in my shoes. And my hair. And my clothes.
- Hot hot men being cobags
- That horrible song "I don't want her you can have her she's too fat for me" I fucking hate that song
- The fact that all German/Polka bands think "Country Roads" by John Denver should be played again, and again, and again.......all weekend long
- The fact that when I was finally finished working for the weekend, and only had about four sips of beer that they wanted me to go right back to work in the kitchen. Um, no. I left. Everyone else got to stand around and drink, but not me apparently
- Aching feet, back, neck, etc......
- The Creepy McCreeperstein who told me my name isn't actually my name, my name is Nicki. When I said "No, my sister's name is Nicki" he told me her last name. CREEPY. Neither she nor I actually know this guy. HOT guy, but totally creepy!!