Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- Space. Lots and lots of space. As in: we can do drinks in this room, cookies in this room, food in this room.
- Decor. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure she's been decorating.
- Did I mention space? She's got lots of it.
- I fear VonBroInLaw/Landoverlord will show up and not leave. And there's nothing I can do about it, as it's his house.
- Not very cozy. Maybe I'll just sit on different people's laps, make it cozier.
- Not my space, so I'll be a little nervous.
My knees have been getting better lately, and I'm down to seeing AwesomeKneeDoc once every three weeks now. But damn, I'm still no good at stairs.
I am going to try try I said, to take some photos of the shin-dig, as I know some of you like to say "pictures or it didn't happen".
And you'd all be invited, except that it's ladies only. And I just now realized that most of my readership is men. Huh. Who wants to wear a skirt and some lipstick and show up anyway?
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
- Laura, though we're going through some bumps right now, is still my number 1 go to whenever something happens, good or bad. I love that she just knows who everyone is, because she's been there for almost 22 years.
- Shannon is my friend that I should have known my whole life, and plan to know until the end of time. She's that which was missing and I didn't even know it. First to pick me up when I'm down, there's nothing we wouldn't do for each other.
- And now, by extension TheMarty. Same deal. He's more of a brother than a friend. He's the person I want to talk to for hours and hours and hours about Phil Collins' merits and a sundry of other topics.
- Chris is the light to my dark, and the only person who has ever been my roommate, and the only person I could imagine being my roommate. She's given me the greatest gift I've ever gotten - my god-daughter Lizzie. Chris is my Thanksgiving hostess with the mostest who gives the best hugs.
- SIL1X is one of my favorite friends. She's my go to for Olive Garden indulging, or Scene It playing, or just sitting around chatting having a blast. She's so easy to be friends with. The moment I met her I knew that she and I were going to be good friends. She gives me confidence and makes me feel good about myself. She's another one on the short list when I need advice.
- Jessica has come strong out of the gate of awesome, and I feel so lucky to have her as a friend. She's honest, caring and an all around good human all of the time.
- The Boston 5. I have never, never, never been in such a situation where I've met 5 of the best people in the world. And they like me! They really like me!! When I crave going to Boston, it's really to the 5 of you that I want to travel. I know that you're my friends, and that makes me all smiley.
- Everyone else. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I have the very best people around me.
I'm also grateful for you, my reading audience (all two of you). My blog roll. My friends. Those of you that I've met - Jennifer, ZRM, MenD, Snag, Chuckles, Brando, TLB - you people are now my friends, and you're stuck with me!! :) All kidding aside - I feel like some of you know, or at least get, me better than people I've known for years. The support and honesty you give to me is such a gift. You pick me up, way up, when I'm down. I feel I can be totally honest with you here, and that you won't mock me. Ok, you'll mock me, but in a nice good-natured way. Please always be yourselves, and let me know how you feel. Even when we don't agree, we'll still be friends. K-Unit, B4, Mikey, Fish, and the rest of you motley crew - you mean the world to me. It's my privilege to get to know you, and call you friends.
I'm grateful that I have awesome hair. Because I do. And an awesome wit and good comedic timing.
I'm grateful that I can spell and use grammar properly. Clearly, this is a honed skill that not many people have.
And now that the snark has crept its way back into the post, I'll end it here.
Know that I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and being thankful for you.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- Two crocheted Zombies, Zoe and Zeb.
- One Zombie Surfer key chain.
- One Donnie Wahlberg NKOTB world tour doll.
- Two Hello Kitty figures.
- One elephant mini squirt gun
- One alien in a space ship top
- One bottle MAC Fix+ mist
Yes, I do think I'm a grown up.
My computer is fixed. For the low low price of $100. Well, it was actually going to be $60, but they offered to install a new (and WORKING!) Norton anti-virus, so that was $40 more. Eldest StepBro wrote "I'm insulted" on my fb. I wrote back " You don't get to be". I didn't even know he was back from wedding#2 in Hong Kong, so whatever.
I am not pleased with my gd shuffle feature today. Kinda hate everything it's spitting at me today. Except the Muppet Show theme song, because that's AWESOME
I've finally done it, I cut my nails on my left hand only, leaving the right hand loooong. Know why? That's right, little troopers, because that's what guitar players do. And I'm a guitar player!
Speaking of guitar. Graduation is this Saturday. We're either playing "I've just seen a face" or "Champagne Supernova". I HATE Oasis, so I really don't want to so probably won't be practicing that one, and keeping my fingers crossed that we'll play the Beatles instead. One can only hope.
My knee is about 68% better. As in I can almost walk down a flight of stairs without looking like a 90 year old.
And that's what you get for today, a bunch of things rolling around in my head.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Better gets to bakin' people. You have 27 days to complete you mission - give or take.
I'll try to post pictures of what I get. Because, you know, there should be four different baked goods. Ok, maybe three. I just know one's from an artist, another from a Canadian, and yet another from 1/3 of the Tricycle of Awesome.
Anyone else want to give me some baked goods with the Toy Story Alien renderings on them?
P.S. - no fondant. Fondant is crap.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
- I cannot properly pronounce these words: bull, bowl, pull, pole. It hurts my throat to say them.
- I always mis-say this word: vigilant. I ALWAYS say: viligant
- Over the past few years, I've lost the ability to say neighborhood like a normal person. I now say "neighbaaaahood"
- I've never been able to say the band name Fall Out Boy properly. It always comes out Faaaaaal Out Boy. This is unintentional, but it cannot be stopped.
- I've recently begun calling people I like "Pumpkin" both in person and in emails.
- I really like calling people "Pumpkin"
- When I casually speak German, my pronunciations are flawless. When called upon in class to read, I get so nervous it sometimes sounds like I'm in day eins of Deutsch eins.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Um, can you say YUM?
I love Allagash, it's delicious.
I also love sitting outside at a bar, having a few drinks, good naturedly swatting away bugs. There's nothing quite like Chicago in the summertime.