- Saw all of my most favorite people. This includes: Laura, Shannon, TheMarty, Chris, Lizzie, Victor, John, Toni, Jessica, Tim, Doc, Caroline, the J5, lots and lots of all of my favorite people.
- Watched the most recent season of "Lost". I'm all caught up and looking forward to 2/2/10!
- Purchased and watched season 1 of "Glee". I'm a gleek. I wish I could belt out a song or two at random too. Might try this. At work. Like maybe some "Working for the weekend" on Friday afternoon. I'm no Rachel, but I can hang. (or at least carry a tune)
- Started and finished MenD's scarf. It's taking me a lot less time to make an awesome scarf, I still enjoy the process, and I'm getting better! Maybe something new next, like a hat? Nah, I'll stick to scarves for a while. I crochet, I do not knit - mix them up and I will stab you with a crochet hook, got it?
- Took naps. Lots of naps. Nearly every day. And I was ok with it. Work is h a r d.
- Finished reading "The Post Birthday World" (the jury is out, gotta chat about it with my friend that lent it to me).
- Also read "The Glass Castle" in ONE DAY. The book was amazing. Have I ever mentioned I'm slightly obsessed with the Appalachian poor?
- Was super-duper nice to VonMom on numerous occasions, which were acknowledged and appreciated.
- Had a wicked wild time at FunTuesday - which can only be had at Daily, and only with Shannon and TheMarty. Also had at FunTuesday (by me): 3 pints Hoegaarten, 3 Jameson shots, 2 Washington Apple shots, 1 grape "penalty shot" (for yawning), 1 shot of Petron. Yes, you may puke now. Surprisingly, I didn't.
- Discovered two new songs that are on repeat on my iPod (and I'm not ashamed!) "Snuff" by Slipknot - fucking ridiculous how much I love this song. AND. "Need you now" by Lady Antebellum - not a country fan, but this song rips my heart right out of my chest, every time. Slipknot and Lady Antebellum in the same sentence? I'm nothing if not musically eclectic.
- Met some super awesome new womenfriends at Chickmas last night. It was a great night, and I was so glad to be invited!
- Lost about 90 minutes in a drunken red wine haze on Christmas Eve, but managed to control myself and A) No one was any the wiser to my debauchery and B) I didn't piss anyone off and C) no Christmas morning hangover! Thanks Step-bros for bringing expensive wine that didn't make me puke in my stocking Christmas morning.
- Surprise box of homemade awesome from Boston Lauren. While it made me pine for my Boston folks, I cheered myself up with the choc chip cookies, peppermint bark, and fudge.
- Well thought out gifts trumped all this year. I was lucky enough to get two: from TheGodmother, who is someone I adore - a pair of perfect earrings. Exactly what I was looking for. She picked them out on her own, not knowing I was in the market for tasteful yet awesome earrings for everyday. She rocks. Followed by gift from Laura: a movie collection. Not just any movie collection, no - the Jim Henson Fantasy Collection. As in Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, and MirrorMask. So suited to the me that is really me that Laura knows better than almost anyone else.
- Manis/pedis and Red Lobster with VonSis and Sil1x. I was exhausted and hung over, and it was exactly what I needed. Pretty red nails make the winter blues go away.
Monday, January 4, 2010
The best parts of my 10 day staycation (voncation? kidding. go see MenD's comments):