- I didn't realize how much I missed something, until I got it again.
- Guitar is hard. Not just hard, but fucking hard. Ouch, there's a small blood blister on my finger.
- There is a song written by Hank Williams that has my name in it like three times.
- Reading chords was impossible for me, and I felt stupid (which I found surprising) BUT
- I have the greatest musician friends in the world, and the amount of outside of class help I'm going to get is amazing.
- I didn't hate TheBrother's TheFiance. As a matter of fact, I liked her. As much as snarky, evil, bitchy old me can like a 22 year old chick who got engaged 5 weeks after meeting TheBrother.
- I didn't hate seeing R two days in a row. Probably won't make a habit of it, but I didn't hate it.
- Even John Prine is annoying after three and 1/2 hours.
- I don't hate the band Elbow. I wish I did. I don't. The hipsters, they will not break me.
- We convinced a 44 year old women that Mennonites come from Menonia, a very small country between Germany and France.
- Receiving a gift from a co-worker was both surprising and a huge mood booster. Sure, she bought the earrings for herself, but never wore them, and thought of me when she stumbled across them. They are Phillips head nail heads. I adore them, put them on immediately. The gift and the thought were surprising.
- I don't believe how much I cry when I watch the Oscars. Me? A crier? For shame!!
- Home-made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, salad and wine with a good friend was the very best way to beat the Sunday blues. (Not surprising, but the meal was soooo good, I had to mention it.) To visit this awesome cooking friend of mine, go here.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Things I found surprising this weekend: