- When I got to work this morning, something awesome was waiting for me. And I do not mean the Tiffany & Co playing cards I got from my boss. I received a picture I had begged for. BG's offspring has a knack for photography, and I've fallen in like with many of the pictures he's taken. So much so that I purchased one. And it's here! And it's fantastic! And I cannot wait to frame it and hang it in my living room. So cool. It reminds me that if had never started this b.s. I call VFN, I wouldn't have all of you endearing, interesting, fantastic people in my life. I heart you all, muchly.*
- My weekend working Folk & Roots kicked my ass. I took a personal day yesterday to sleep in, do laundry, get some things in order. I was lucky enough to spend some time with Sil1x, and also with delightful God-daughter and family. It was a great, if hot and humid, weekend, and a good day off. I'm still tired, and my ankle is screaming at me, but whatever.
- Why, yes reader
s, we are going to ignore the fact I made a slight change last week. **I smile brightly at you**
- I don't understand why every time I'm in a party-party drinking situation (aka Sunday night at F&R), I get chatted up by the hot preppy guys. WTF. Clearly, they will not be taking me home or asking for my digits, but for some reason I'm the go to girl to chat up. Upon reflection, I realize that this happens to me All The Time. Again, I have to say, WTF?
- I fear my book club is in danger. The same club that I have kept running for two and 1/2 years so far. I might have to go tough love on the current planner. If she does not plan a meeting soon for the awful crap she made us read, I'm moving on to the next book with no meeting. No one fucks up my book club. The book, "Jimmie Hendrix turns 80" we started reading in the end of May. It's time for a meeting!!!
- I started physical therapy with my Chiropractor yesterday for my ankle. He's fixed my foot and worked on my knees, so I figured I'd give him a shot at the ankle. He's got a lot of work cut out for him, as I waited too long to go to him, but he's up to the challenge!! He started yesterday. Of course today my ankle hurts, but it's always that way at first, plus I did a lot of walking for the fest all weekend. I just want to be better and move on! He said I have at least 12 appointments ahead of me. He's the boss!
- I'm obsessed with "Falling Skies". If you aren't watching it, you should be. Thanks to TheMarty for making me watch the first few episodes when we were in Michigan.