Monday, July 25, 2011

Not bad, really, and how are you?

I honestly had no idea it had been almost a full week since my last post. Sorry about that, lords and ladies.
I've been obsessively following SDCC* on twitter, working, twirling my hair, going on dates, doing laundry, etc.

Bad things have happened in this world in the past number of days. 
Is it right to blog about nonsense?
I guess.  I don't even know where to begin on Norway things, and I don't have too much to say on the Winehouse thing.
Ok, just one thing - let's not induct her in the 27 club just yet. She was 27, true, but that's where the connection needs to end, m'kay?

I wasn't even sure I'd post today, but then read a fantastic post over here by my good buddy
and realized that even though I may fear it, the big 5-0-0 fast approaches.  But his post gave me some great ideas.  IwillNOTstealidea IwillNOTstealidea IwillNOTstealidea......

I'm not going to review my weekend for you here today.  I don't want to bore you with that, nor do I want to cat-vaccuum this post to hell by just repeating what I do.

I will say that I'm kinda glad that I have more to think about these days than I have for a while. And by more, I think I mean it in a good way.  We'll see.  I'm just going to chill out and let things play out.  I can't really do much more than that.

I'm 325 pages into the 967 pages of "Clash of Kings". I'm way into it. WAY into it.  The first 100 pages weren't really doing it for me, then something changed and I cannot put it down.

I get to go to see regular Doc for my 6 month check up today.  Can't wait to show her the letter that informed me I had been exposed to Legionnaire's disease while I was in Vegas. Awesome.  No worries, mah frenz, I'm well past the time that symptoms should appear. Better safe than sorry, though, so I'm going to tell the Doc about it. 

I'm more glad than I can say that Shannon and TheMarty are home from their 2 week trip. I missed them, and tweeting/texting back and forth minimally just did not cut it.  Plus, I need a ride across the WI border to get me some New Glarus beer. I'm going to bribe them with gas money and lunch.

Other than that.....life goes on, t.v. gets dvr'ed for a later date, blogs get read and written, the world keeps spinning. And sometimes, when I'm lucky, like today, I'm reminded just how much I adore the song "Let It Be".  I was lucky enough to hear it this morning and just zen out for a bit.  Making the lyrics my theme for the rest of 2011. It can only serve me well, I'm thinking

*San Diego Comic Con - are you fucking kidding me that you didn't know?!?!

5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Can't wait to show her the letter that informed me I had been exposed to Legionnaire's disease while I was in Vegas.

Are you really allowed to reveal that letter? I thought what happens in Vegas, etc.
~

Anonymous said...

Tell us about the dates.

Kathleen said...

I'm trying to come up with a crack about Legionnaire's disease, but I got nothing.

re: Clash of Kings - don't come over to my blog for awhile. It's full of spoilers.

Vonnie said...

K-Unit - already been there, already didn't read it.
How could I avoid your blog?!?
TheMarty - meh, not today. Someday, maybe.

Vonnie said...

Thunda - it was in my health's best interest to let the doc know. We had a good laugh over it though.