Monday, December 8, 2008

Yawn

Saturday was my third annual cookie and ornament swap. Pretty much my whole weekend revolved around that. Friday night was bake and prep. I really wanted to go over to the Old Town craft fair, there were a couple of things I wanted to pick up, but I had to get stuff done. Alas, the work of a hostess is never done. Saturday morning while I was taking my "pretzel things" off the cookie sheets they had cooled on overnight there was a loud knock on the door. Oh, yes, that's right. Saturday was also St. Nick's day. VonMom was standing outside my front door in the snow with St. Nick's bags for me and VonSis. The upside of having to see her so early in the morning was I got an invite to join my parents for breakfast at my dad's favorite diner down the street. I put down the spatula and put on some jeans and headed over for some pumpkin pancakes. So good. My cookie party people showed up around 3pm, all in their pjs, all ready to drink, eat and swap some cookies. I had about 15 ladies over. It was awesome. I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time. There was a lot of laughing going on. VonMom ended up holding court in the living room for quite a while. I had to put the kibash on her filling in all of my friends on our gypsy heritage, and her idea that I have powers. Yes, she was sober. I ran into the room when I heard the beginnings of this story out of her mouth. She just kept talking. Sigh. I won't be able to live this down for a while. Quite a few of my guests stayed pretty late, until 10:30 or so. I was so tired I didn't have a chance to clean up 100%. I always like to clean up the same day of whatever party I am throwing, so I can have the next day to relax. Didn't work out that way this time. Sunday morning VonSis woke up with a hangover. Though I did dishes, and ran some errands, she stayed on my couch pretty much all day. It doesn't bother me too much. Sil1x told me that I am a good hostess, and that I threw a great party. She's a party-hostessing master, so those words made the cleaning meatball sauce off my wall, and scrubbing wine rings off the counter, and taking out 5 bags of garbage out in 15 degree weather all worth it. I can't wait for next year! Happy Monday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

I love your holiday spirit. It's so refreshing.

Kathleen said...

that sounds sooooo fun!

Poptart said...

Meatball sauce on the wall?! Oh no. BUT: that could be a an excuse for a paintover...if you needed one...

You do have excellent holiday spirit. And I can't believe you didn't get an ornament.

Vonnie said...

I'm not going to lie, it was a great party!! Oh, K-Unit, if you lived here and not there...sigh....
Poptart - It's cool. I know you are a bunch of wild women.

Anonymous said...

I love the cookie party every year and I always get an awesome ornament. Theresa, thank you so much; the ornament rocks and it was great to see you again. Heid and Sil1x loved my Christmas dishes which was also pretty cool!

Chuckles said...

My cookies would have outshone the ornaments.

Shannon Erin said...

Your cookies are imaginary Chuckles.