Monday, December 1, 2008

Better late than

AAAAchhoo! Yep. I am sick. Wicked sick. Major head cold, I think I am competing with Shannon for most tissues used in one day. Bleh. So, my blog is a little late. Black Wednesday didn't turn out quite as I planned. I wanted to go out and get my drink on. I went to my parents' house for dinner, where I told my parents I planned on going out. That was my biggest mistake. My dad - the ONE person who I listen to pretty much all the time, no matter what - had an opinion, a Strong opinion, about me going out that night. Sigh. I tried to argue my point: "I'll take a cab, dad." "I'm going out with old friends - people even you know! Yes, guy friends, who'll look out for me!" "I'll go out early and come home early!" He would hear none of it. My good ole' Catholic guilt kicked in, so I went home and didn't go out. Plus, I kinda fell asleep on the couch for a bit, and when I woke up I really wasn't feeling it anymore. Damn me, being all old and stuff. I ended up texting TheMarty for a while, and going to bed pretty early. Turkey Day itself? Not bad, not bad at all. I was watching the hugely lame Chicago parade when I remembered 'Hey, there's a way better parade on some other channel!' and flipped over to the Macy's parade. Sure, I hate the Macy's machine for taking over the State Street Marshall Fields, but they throw a kick ass turkey day parade. I giggled and clapped. I even caught the RickRoll first hand. Good times. I went to EldestStepSis's house for a bit. (again, my dad recommended I stop by. Sigh) It was fine. I got a lot of extra hugs as this was the first time I saw the steps since Charlie died. StepBrother E was late, big surprise. Oh well, while we waited for him we had some Champagne - Score!! We were seated at a too small table, but the food was pretty ok, and they conversation didn't suck. After a couple glasses of a decent red wine, I headed over to Chris' house. Unfortunately, my goddaughter was in a crappy mood. It got to the point where I was pretty much ignoring her, just because I didn't want to deal with the whining and the crabbiness. All of the adults were pretty annoyed with her. Other than Lizzie's pissy mood, Chris' house was great. She had all of my favorite Thanksgiving foods, and she is an awesome cook. We had a good time, and I ended up staying there until 9pm or so. I took home some leftovers and "Hellboy II". That was a pretty good movie. Friday I woke up feeling a little sick, but it was time to decorate!! It took about 5 hours, maybe a little more, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I don't decorate exactly the same every year, I like to change things up. Last Christmas I got a lot of new decorations, and I got some stuff from my mom for my birthday this year. I will get some pictures up soon. By Friday night I was full on sick. Saturday I got my Christmas cards all filled out and mailed. I met Shannon and TheMarty for dinner. I love love love how I always spill food on myself. I'm awesome like that. After dinner I volunteered a show at Old Town. Hot Tuna!!! Woo hoo! A whole lot of groovy going on! Sunday VonSis, Sil1x and I went to brunch - Fabulous!! While we were getting our eat on, it started snowing. Pretty at first, then annoying. Bleh, I hate winter. Sunday night I went to John and Toni's. Toni made her famous and killer chili. We watched football and ate chili and ate chili and watched football. After dessert I headed home. I don't understand how a LONG weekend can feel so very short! I'm going to go take a nap now. I'd like to make some effort to get better so I can go to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Poptart said...

Hope you feel better soon!! Though on Wed you can say your'e ein bisschen KRANK if you still are. I think krank is my 2nd favorite Deutsch word.