Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More throwing $$ away

I'm thinking about getting a cleaning lady. For reals. But, Von, you ask, don't you live in like 418 square feet? Why, yes, reader, I do. And thanks for paying attention these last couple of years. No, I'm not that lazy, as some might think. It's more of a time thing. This past weekend I cleaned and scrubbed and dusted and scrubbed the hell out of my bathroom. This took time. The bathroom is now immaculate. And then I ran out of time. The living room crapet (not a typo. I hate the carpeting so much, it's now the crapet) is in need of vacuuming. Or wacumming - direct quote from old room-mates very German father: "Wonnie! Und you must wacuum!! Dis whooooole room! Wonnie! Must wacuum!!!" Ahem. The living room crapet is in dire need of a good solid vacuuming. I.ran.out.of.time. No kidding. So. I'm thinking of throwing yet more $$ away and hiring someone else to clean my place. Not weekly or anything, it'll be more of a once a month deep clean, with me doing the weekly maintenance. I like a clean neat house. Of course, the German in me will need to be there, at least the first couple of times, to make sure things are done right. This, then, will save me no time at all. But it'll be done right. Hey, don't judge.

10 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Maybe you can get some male stripper to clean the house nekkid.

Of course, that would probably cost extra.

Kathleen said...

I'm with you. I want to hire someone just for the kitchen and bathroom. how lazy is that?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

If it's any consolation, I had to throw away some bux on some brakes.

Yeah, that whole "not dying horribly" thing is worth the cost.

Wenchie said...

Can't you just hire Nicki to do it? You know she's dying to.

If I don't get this job, I will totally be your cleaning lady. I have no shame.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

My house is so messy I'd have to clean it before hiring a cleaning lady, due to embarrassment.
~

Jennifer said...

By the time I put everything away (everyone else's stuff, or strategically pile it, and get to the actual surface that needs cleaning... I'm over it.

Jennifer said...

Oops, I forgot to clean up the above sentence with the ending parenthesis. Oh well, I'm over it.

Vonnie said...

B4 - Hm... interesting idea... must look into that. New brakes/not crashing = good thing!
Jennifer is over it, apparently. two times over it! :)
K Unit - I know! Those are the primary rooms that I'm like meh! Oh well.
Thunda - the kicker is, I'm clean and neat!! A little dusty, though
Wenchie - you're hired!! but why do I think we'd be drinking and snacking and giggling instead of you cleaning? :)

Brando said...

We've had cleaning people for a while. Twice a month. I don't mind doing it but it's the time thing -- for the amount it costs, it's worth the time it saves me.

Vonnie said...

Brando - that's what I'm thinking! It's really a time saver. Plus, I think I can get them pretty cheap. My place is so small.