Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Random schtuff

  • Yes, blogger, I am aware I have 4 three posts to go before the big 5-0-0. I'm still thinking about that one.
  • When it comes to people in general, I am wicked good at dealing with them, when it comes to men I fancy, I have zero clue what I'm doing.
  • I CAN survive and stay awake for a 6 + hour drive that begins at midnight after working seven hours and being up all day without a nap.
  • I can do the above because Shannon is hilarious, and incredibly easy to talk to, and my best friend.
  • I can also survive the car ride when the destination is the North Woods of WI. So so so pretty. Too bad it was such a short trip.
  • Sometimes my food allergies and food hang ups (ie, I do not eat ribs or chicken wings simply because I cannot eat meat on the bone. If my teeth hit bone, the meal is over for me) make me very shy and self-conscious.
  • New people can be entertaining, but pretension can be annoying.
  • New Glarus beer is my favorite beer right now.  Again? Still? Either way, yum.
  • I do not like the show "Big Sexy". The girls on it make fun of skinny girls. Not cool, ladies.
  • I will always help clean up any mess I made, but will punch someone if I have to clean up a mess I had no part of.
  • Playing games is super fun. I don't think I play enough games. I need to start scheduling some game nights or something.  Plus, playing games often leads to fantastic inside jokes - even if you just met someone.
  • I fear a man who carries a machete around for fun.
  • I cannot go two and a half days without listening to my music, or music I like. Sorry TheMarty and Shannon, I needed it like a drug on the drive home.
  • Eight people in a cabin, five men and three women, and only one bathroom. Not a problem. This time.
  • I'll be in Boston in eight weeks. Who's counting? I'm counting. Didn't make it out there last year, missing it like a phantom limb.
  • L's favorite band is Rush. I know this is a problem for some friends, and a bonus for others. I think it's funny.
And how was your weekend?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Playing games is super fun. I don't think I play enough games. I need to start scheduling some game nights or something. Plus, playing games often leads to fantastic inside jokes - even if you just met someone.

I'm remembering a very funny game of Apples to Apples from about a year ago. :)

Jennifer said...

EL has just reminded me of "machine gun"...

huhhhuhuhuuuhuhhhuuu...

And... SCHWEEG!

Brando said...

Three Canadian thumbs up for the last bullet.

Is it okay if a man carries a machete around for work?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What if a Rush fan is carrying a machete?
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Is it okay if a man carries a machete around for work?

Had a guy on site with a machete, cutting brush with our landscaping contractor, and some people freaked out. My take? It's just a tool, people. I guess I spent too much time working in neighborhoods where guys sell sugar cane from vans parked by the highway, using a machete to lop off portions for their customers- the machete thing doesn't freak me out.