Here's some confessions for you. You may laugh, you may cringe, you may remain unmoved. It's all the same to me.
- When I first got a car, I wanted the blue plastic dolphin thing hanging from my rear view mirror. Instead, I had a mini disco ball. Now, I have a devil made out of string. His name is Henry.
- I nap. As much as possible. Recently, I have been known to nap on a week night from 6 -8 ish, and go to bed around 10.
- I know for a fact that I burn my candle at both ends. This has a great deal to do with two things VonDad said before he passed - 1) Don't piss your life away. check 2) Von has a pretty cool and interesting life, all of those things she does. check (#2 was said to VonMom just a few days before he died. It's likely the last thing he said about me. I can find comfort in that)
- I love love songs. More than any other kind of song. Ice cold bitch on the outside, smooshy romantic inside my earbuds.
- I cannot pronounce the word neighborhood properly. And this is only in the past few years. This is important in Chicago, because upon meeting anyone new, the first question is always "What neighborhood do you live in?" I pronounce it Nay BAA hood. I have not been able to correct this. I try.
- I choose to pronounce two words cutely, because it sounds cute, and therefor makes the words better and me cuter. The words are buttons and mittens. I very clearly state but-tons and mit-tens.
- I pass gas every morning when I get out of bed. Every morning. This may be one reason why I don't let my "friends" spend the night.
- I'm in love with someone. Someone who is pretty much unattainable. Hence I continue to make bad decisions in the man department, because I'm trying to forget him. It doesn't work.
- I've had a song written for me (with no lyrics....I was pissed) and there exists a not small tattoo on someone's arm with my initials over a broken heart.
- I have an entire medicine cabinet full of nail polish. It's almost an investment, at this point.
- I will never EVER never start a post with this "In which....:" it's like nails on a fucking chalk board to me. Freddy Krueger nails on a fucking chalk board.
- I have an irrational fear of lions, and a very rational fear of raccoons. Both are out to get me. Only me. The rest of you are totally safe. It's so bad I cannot go to the zoo. I just know the lions will know I'm there and bust out and eat me.