Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Looking for l o v e

Wow. Time really does fly, especially in the summer time.

I'm back to having some troubles sleeping.  I don't know why really.  I think it is affecting my ability to put finger to keyboard and write something for you.

Let's see - what's new.

I may or may not have misbehaved quite a bit last weekend.  Oh, I may have.  But, you know some things should just be left alone.

So

I'm kind of on the market.  I guess.  As in, actively seeking a man.  Like a long term husbandy kind of man.  Sure, I may be crazy, but like I said, I'm not sleeping.

So

I rejoined this website I was on a few years ago.  Things are going......okish.  I've got one first meeting tonight, and I was excited about it.  But then I did some google stalking (as all smart women should do before a first meeting), and I have a suspicion that he might be married.  His profile says he's divorced.  I've asked Shannon to also stalk, and see if she comes up with the same conclusion.  Anyway - now the conundrum is not what do I wear, but how do I figure out if he is still married, without giving my stalking away?  Stay tuned.

I was supposed to have another first meeting tomorrow night.  I found myself having to talk myself in to going on that one, so I thought about it and decided to cancel.  Wanting to keep on the right side of karma, I sent as lovely and nice an email as I could.  I pretty much said that I was looking for a serious long term thing, and him being separated and not divorced did not put us on the same page.  Points to me for not mentioning that he is two inches shorter than me, unemployed, and waaaaay too schmoopy from the outset.  It was a win when I got a very nice response letting me know that he understood, and said if I change my mind, I can contact him.

I have another tentative first meeting scheduled for Friday.  Now THIS one I am pretty hopeful about.  Only a couple years older than me, very tall, very cute. We've had some nice online chats.  During a chat he said he'd like to take me out.  We settled on this Friday night for drinks.  I bite my fingernails in anticipation of the solidifying of the plans.  I really really hope this one happens.  I have a good feeling about him.  Of course, me being me, when he asked me if I wanted to go out, I said "Sure.  Are you married or a serial killer?"  His response was "Well, yes. I am a married serial killer who lives in my mom's basement"  My response? "Perfect."  See, he can roll.

So, here's hoping something awesome this way comes.  I'm ready, I think, to let go of all of the misbehaving go nowhere things, and maybe be a grownup.  Or at least, a lady.

Yeah, I can't read that last sentence without laughing either.

3 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

His response was "Well, yes. I am a married serial killer who lives in my mom's basement" My response? "Perfect." See, he can roll.

He thinks on his feet, which is a good sign. If he pulls up in a van, though, RUN AWAY!!!!

Good luck.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Hang on schmoopy, hang on!
~

mikey said...

Just gonna say it. Yikes.