Wednesday, February 11, 2009

NCISwwwwweeeetttt

Why I love the show NCIS:
  • The name. NCIS. Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Naval or Navy? Either way, not of the belly button, but of seamen. Sea people. Seafolk?
  • Gibbs. Yummy. Has been since the fine piece of cinema "Summer School". And he was front and center in one of those dreams last week, so, yeah. Agent Gibbs. (Not really Mark Harmon, just Gibbs)
  • Abbey. She's so cool she's wicked pisser. I want to be her for, like, ever. She's a genius - she's the team's forensic scientist; she's goth - like really goth, in ways I want to be, but can't in my current life; she's like 7 feet tall and nice and thin; she rocks out the pig tails - ok, I wear pig tails fairly often, but hers are way better; she wears red lipstick, flawlessly, and sometimes black lipstick, also flawlessly. I just want to be her.
  • Ducky is the punny endearing British morgue dude. Once, he got to be an undercover guy.
  • NCIS shot one of it's main characters in the head. In.the.head. Right after she got shot in the chest, and I was all 'omg! Kate's dead!' and after the commercial break she sits up and everyone giggles 'Aw, gee, bullet proof vests and stuff.' Next scene? Bang! Shot in the head! That's some good t.v. right there.
  • Back to back to back episodes on USA. On Monday nights. And Tuesday nights. When there's nothing better to do. Nice.
  • Witty banter between all main characters. Not quite as witty as CW dialogue, but witty none the less.

1 comment:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I had never heard of this show. I will have to check it out soon.