Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sad and nothing but

I have a post to write. One that I've known was coming, even one that I've been formulating in my head for the past month. But for now to be the time? No, I'm not ready. Who is ever ready when someone you love dies? Not me. A great man passed away today. Someone I've known damn near 20 years. More than 1/2 my life. Laura's dad passed away today. Devastated might begin to cover it, but not really. I have so much to say about him. I really do. But not today.

5 comments:

Mendacious D said...

As you've said, "You're my people."

We're here for you. Be well.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I am sorry to hear this. Please let us know what we can do. We're here for you.

Anonymous said...

"A great man." Thank you my best friend.

Brando said...

Von, I'm so sorry for you and your friend. Hang in there.

Poptart said...

Can't wait to read the post, because that'll mean you're processing and feeling better and because I look forward to finding out more about him. So sorry to hear about it and hope you are doing OK.