Tuesday, August 11, 2009

200.2

Here it is, finally, the 200th post. I was not entirely sure that I would make it to this point, or that I would care when I did. I did, and I do. When I first thought about writing my own blog, I was intimidated by the whole thing. What would I write about? Who would give a shit if I did write? Would I be able to write? Should I have a theme? Who would find this blog that I didn't want to? Well - let me address each of these. I write about whatever. Whatever comes to mind in a moment, or something that hangs on, churning in my brainz until I let it out. I think some people DO give a shit that I do write. I know I've been given a little grief, or a nudge when I've been negleting VFN, so I guess that means you do care. I am able to write. Sometimes. It's still difficult, but I do still love it, and it's made me practice. VFN has no theme. Yes, admittedly it IS a ranting/humor thing, but overall that's not a theme in my mind. Many people have found this blog. Co-workers, bosses, exs, ex-friends who should just move on as they are no longer welcome....but I blame this on me. Sometimes I'm very excited about what I've written, and I open my big stupid mouth and tell people. I love this process. I love VFN. It's harder than I thought it would be, and I am not as good of a writer as I thought I was. I get a little stressed when I have no topic, as I do aim to provide some entertainment. I had originally intended to write 3 posts a week. Time flies, and I am a busy grrrl, so that does not always happen. I admit it, and am sorry for it. I regret that I feel like I have to filter VFN. I may stop doing that. Of course, I will never divulge where I work or what exactly I do (that would be stupid). What I will do is think less about backlash and write more what I want. This means that very soon you'll be reading a post about the horrible "date" I had this weekend - screw it if he finds it. I'm over it. The upside of this blog is way way bigger than the downside. Every person on my blogroll over there --------> is a great writer, and they inspire me to be better, do more, push harder. These people are also my friends - or that's how I view them. I know that should I have a troll they will handle it. I also know that when bad things happen and I share them that I will get support from them. They take the time to stop by and leave a comment or two. I consider them my people. They make this blog better. They matter to me. Over these 199 (or so) posts I've given a lot of myself. Whenever something awesome - hello Carlos Zambrano! ; or terrible - still missing my little beagle Charlie; or HIlarious - fight on a bus? yep that's me!; I give all of these things to you. It helps me remember them, but I hope it also provides you with a quick read, a break from your day. Thank you to Shannon for asking me to guest-post on her blog, getting me interested. Thank you to TheMarty for encouraging me to comment around the blogosphere, getting my feet wet, and introducing me to many of the people on my blog roll. Thank you to my blogroll - see above - I dig you all the most. Thank you to my friends and family for providing me a LOT of fodder for VFN. I vow to try harder and be better moving forward.

4 comments:

Mendacious D said...

And thank, YOU, Von, for your marvelous writing! Here's to another 200 or so!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Horrible date post?

Why I never!
~

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Agreed, MenDee!

fish said...

Hey wait. This post about a blog is representative of the blog. I need to sit down as my mind folds in on itself.

Congrats.