Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nearly two years

On Tuesday I'll hit my two year anniversary of quitting smoking. I can't believe it's been another year! I try not to think about it too much, but when I do think back on my days as a smoker, and the months immediately following quitting, I have a totally different mind set now than I did then. For over 14 years I had swore up and down that I would not quit. I had heard it would be the hardest thing ever. I'm not going to lie, it was hard - incredibly hard - but not impossible. I remember being frustrated, and even crying in the weeks after quitting. Now that it's been two years, I find it hard to believe that I reacted that way. I'm going to be honest, I am incredibly proud of myself. I've made it a point to tell everyone I know that my anniversary is fast approaching. People say "That's great!" or "Good for you!" I say "I know!" and "Thanks!" I want to sing it from the rooftops with my cleaner healthier lungs. The interesting thing is that now that I am really and truly done with cigarettes, more people accuse me of cheating more often. Let me explain something. I've hit that point, finally. The point that I've been waiting for - the real and true light at the end of my nicotine tunnel - I'm finally there where I HATE the smell of smoke, and smoking in general, and I want to get everyone I know/love who smokes to quit. Not only are they harming themselves, but ME too!! And hey, my lungs have been through the ringer already! I don't need anyone else's help irritating them! Yep, I've become one of those people. But not too annoying (yet, I make no promises). I don't intend to harass any strangers about it, or complain loudly about it in public. People can do what they want. I'm only concerned about people I care about. *I'm looking at you - Mom, Ma, Laura, Debbie, Dawn, Victor, Toni, MenD, etc......* Getting off my preachy table now - just one last thing! Yay Me!!!

2 comments:

Mendacious D said...

Something tells me I won't be bringing cigarettes on my next trip to Chicago.

Way to go!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Wait, men D smokes?

Mom is going to be soooo PISSED....