Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Monsters! Monsters!

Holy Sh*t!! Is anyone else watching this!?!?! Oh, sorry - I guess that could be just about anything on TV these days. I'm taking about the show "Monsters Inside Me" Again, I say Holy Sh*t. I don't think I will sleep for at least a week. Then there's the itchy scalp/arms/torso crawly feelings Oh my God. Who's idea was it to make this show? Why? What did the world do to you? And who are these people that agree to be on it? I guess I get the whole 15 minutes of fame thing - but come on! "Hello, I'm Bob, and I had a bunch of bugs gestating in my melon!" Don't know what I'm talking about? You're very very lucky. "Monsters Inside Me" is this evil-yet-you-can't-look-away show on Animal Planet. The episode I caught had this guy from Colorado who had bot (I think? dunno, was too creeped out!) flies growing in the back of his head. I said IN not ON. He had three doctors say three different things before his original doctor figured out what was going on. The damn things had been in there for weeks!! Oh.My.God. The evil larvae have these little teeth-like thingies that will latch on to nearby tissue to prevent removal. So, they burrow into your flesh and then you can't get them out. Finally doctor man got them all out - all 5 of them! - and gave them to the guy. How could he be so clueless??! He said he didn't get too concerned until he HEARD AND FELT something under his skin on his head. What did he hear? "Dude. This place is awesome. I'm soooo going to turn into a fly here." "Yeah, I know. This guy is so dumb. Brought us back all the way from Belize" I had to turn it off after I saw the mason jar of fly larvae that this guy keeps somewhere in his house. He was chuckling about it. Is this a story you tell at parties? I would think not - but hey, go on TV and tell the world!! Some time during a commercial break, my head started to itch, and my arms, and I had to turn it off. I think I turned on the news. That's 10 times less scary than that awful show!

3 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I've never watched this show. Besides the creepiness, did it seem like a show for Animal Planet? It sounds like it has a great deal of animal connections from the episode you have described.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

some of us ARE monsters....

Jennifer said...

I remember the annual parasite Nat'l Geographic that would come out and you'd see the close up of the good parasites that say, live on your eyelashes!!! I didn't sleep for a week. Good parasites were bad enough. I don't need to see the bad ones. Gack.