Monday, October 26, 2009

People do the strangest things

In an OMG the Apocalypse can't come soon enough file: Today I was in line at Panera. There was a long line, so I was very close to the revolving door. For some random unknown reason some dumb chick decided to go counter-clockwise* through the revolving door. Hm. Um, no little push bar should have been a tip off. This in itself was not the big deal. The big deal was the 7 OTHER PEOPLE WHO THEN ALSO WENT THROUGH THE REVOLVING DOOR COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. Seriously?!?! WTF!?!?! Again, there is no push bar, and the door is squeaking in revolt. Are we really that sheep-like? Like 'I know this is wrong, but the six people before me did it, so even though it feels strangely unnatural, I'm just going to do this.' Equally scary? When I did my little smirk/chortle/head-shake, only one other person acknowledged that this was highly unusual behavior!!! In other strange news: A small group of my "peers" (yes, in quotes, I use it very loosely!!) elected me to a board of directors. Ahem. A Board of Directors. At one of Chicago's German Cultural Centers. Yep, get up off the floor. Sometimes people think of me as a grown up. That's not to say I didn't giggle like a school girl, steeple my fingers, and say "Excellent" when my name was read as a new member of the Board of.....you get the picture. If you read my comments much, you may have read that tomorrow is my birthday. This is true. Comments** make lovely gifts. :) * Correction!! Dumb chick went counter-counter clockwise, meaning the opposite of normal!! Thanks, Zombie, for pointing that out! ** Posts also make fantastic gifts!! Thanks again MenD!!

2 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I believe most revolving doors rotate counter clockwise already, hey? At least in America, because people are used to the right hand drive convention.

So did she actually go COUNTER-counter clockwise?

Still dumb.


Happy Birthday. Comments is all I gots. Except for this figner I found in the word verification.

Mendacious D said...

Comments make lovely gifts. :)

So do posts!