Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Random stuff

  • VonSis and I decided to get VonMom a piece of "mom jewelry" for Christmas, a little special something to make her feel special on this first Christmas without VonDad.  I had the idea, I did the research, I found the necklace*.  Well, ok, there were three that I liked, and I let VonSis make the final call.  She picked my favorite, which has two charms -  one star, one moon. Each will be engraved with one of our names. VonSis? Of course, she picked the star.  It's cool though - I think the moon is more me anyway.
  • Both VonSis and I realized that last night, the 14th of December, neither of us had even taken the plastic wrapping off of our chocolate advent calendars. Yep, neither of us is really feeling holidayish this year.
  • I had dinner and drinks (ok, it was burgers and beers) with a friend last night. A friend, her husband, and their two kids.  Turns out, my friend needs me. Just for someone to listen, or hug, or for advice.  Time I climb out of my pity pit and help a sister out.  Because lord knows she's been there for me more than a time or two.  I'm happy to be needed instead of needy.
  • I tried to use cheesy hair metal lyrics as my FB status updates this week. I'm ashamed to say it only lasted three days. Sigh. Ok, but please note, I was trying to use lyrics that fit in to my life. So, not just throwing up an "She's only 17....". But relevant. Or, as relevant as cheesy hair metal lyrics can be.
  • I did use Dishwalla lyrics today, though not metal, they are the lyrics that are most like me, or so I've been told by more than a few dudes I know. They are: "You had the look like of an angel, it was such a bad disguise. When you drink it makes you angry, when I drink I want you more and more and more".  Good song, better lyrics. 
  • Friday night is the much anticipated Sister Hazel show at the HOB.  Sure, I bought one ticket, and would have been totally fine going by myself.  BUT - it looks like I have at least two fine people meeting me there, so it will be an even more awesome time.  Sure, go ahead and mock, but I love love love Sister Hazel live, and I didn't get to see them once last year. I can't let anymore time go by without seeing them.  I need the mood lifter I know their shows give me.
  • We're going to some fancy place tomorrow for holiday lunch. It's called Mercat a la Planxa. I was ho-hum about the decision to go there, I usually love our steak house holiday meals, but this place is owned by Iron Chef Jose Garces.  NOW I'm intrigued!! I'll have to report back on that.  We're also changing it up a bit, and going with some other people in the office, and not just LB1 and me.  There's seven of us going all together. Should be fun.
  • Book club book is 1Q84 by Murakami.  I sadly had to put Dance with Dragons down again, as I'm obsessed with reading the book club book the second it's assigned to us.  Um, a w k w a r d - there's a whole lotta sexy times in this book.  Not that I can't talk about that kind of thing with book club, but, **shuffles feet** I'm not sure I can talk about that kind of thing with book club.  And I'm only about 60 pages in. 


*Etsy, bitches!! Shop small businesses this season !! yeah yeah yeah!!!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I found the necklace*.

I'm glad you didn't go to Jared!

Um, a w k w a r d - there's a whole lotta sexy times in this book. Not that I can't talk about that kind of thing with book club, but, **shuffles feet** I'm not sure I can talk about that kind of thing with book club.

I've got the book... and I CAN talk about it! I'll talk for you. :)

Remind me sometime to tell you of my brief period of having sex like a man

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

We're going to some fancy place tomorrow for holiday lunch. It's called Mercat a la Planxa. I was ho-hum about the decision to go there, I usually love our steak house holiday meals, but this place is owned by Iron Chef Jose Garces

Sounds Catalonian... is it a tapas place?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I got a new winetop via Dell auction with my nickname, 'edfornow'.

;)

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I got a new winetop via Dell auction with my nickname,

...he thunder-ed.

Did you also get a new bottle of wine, or are you going to make this one a bourbon-top?

Mandos said...

I can't believe that the Thunderous One is an "Ed". Here I was thinking that he was an "Aloysius Plutarch Søren" or an "Archibald Maximillian" or something like that.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe that the Thunderous One is an "Ed". Here I was thinking that he was an "Aloysius Plutarch Søren" or an "Archibald Maximillian" or something like that.

I would have gone with Thor...

Smut Clyde said...

Here I was thinking that he was an "Aloysius Plutarch Søren" or an "Archibald Maximillian" or something like that.

"Aloysius Shiplap" was taken.

Vonnie said...

Ok, J - I get it. Next time I see you, I will be sure to ask you about having sex like a man.
B4 - yes it was. And it was AMAZING!
Thunda - This made me smile - Good for you!! :)
Mandos - glad to see you pumpkin. Welcome back.
Z - I like bourbon. I think. Dunno. Come to Chicago and let's figure that out.
Smut - Great name. Great. Except when trying to pronounce it out loud, my tongue gets all tangled up!