Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Monday

Friday night I worked another show at Old Town. My evening started out very well. It was a lovely day, and the radio had this Friday thing, one hour of Flip Siiiiide, or flash back dance music. I can sit in traffic to a little Dangerous on the Dancefloor any freakin' day of the week. I picked up a pizza and went to the DANK Haus and ate with VonSis, who I've been not seeing much of lately and missing. The DANK was getting ready for their monthly Stammtisch (open house). I hung out for a bit, and headed over to Old Town. I was 15 minutes early, or so I thought. Not.So.Much. I walked up to head volunteer D and said "Hi. I know, I'm early..." she says, "No, you're late - you're hospitality." Um. Ok. Didn't know that. Usually, that's a task you find out ahead of time. I was pretty excited though, as I've been trying to learn that function. So, my evening took a little turn. The hospitality volunteer is responsible to/for the artist. This would be the second time I've done this job. I'm flexible, whatever. Alice Peacock was the artist. Her opener was very nice, damned if I can remember his name, but had a great voice, and was lyrically a treat to listen to. Anyway, Alice couldn't have been nicer. She was kind, and not at all demanding. I brought her a glass of wine and that's pretty much it. A nice lady with quite the voice. Again, I will rave about Old Town. Best Vibe Ever. That's the one thing I hear over and over again from the artists. But, to be honest, the best part of Friday night was when K taught me a new crochet stitch. I am really digging my new hobby. Y'all are getting scarves for Christmas/Hanukkah. UPDATE: The almostfriend that pissed me off bad last week was there Friday night. I was cautious at first, wanted to see what she would do. She was normal, nothing to indicate one way or the other where we stood. Well, I'm not that person. The first chance I got, I approached her. "So, are we talking? Friends? Just curious here." "Did I say we weren't friends?" "Well, we had that argusation last week...." "Refresh my memory. What happened?" So, I refreshed her memory. She thought about it a second. Then she said: "Yeah, I probably should have said something to that other person instead of you." "Yep, well, are we fine?" "Yeah, I didn't even remember it til you brought it up." So, safe to say I got all upset over something that was nothing to her. But, as I said previously, she's mostly awesome, so I'm keeping her on the nice list. I have no good reason to update the rest of my weekend. L A M E But: I did make up the term "vonocracy" this weekend. The sentence was "This is not a vonocracy, please speak up". I like it. I'm keeping it. It works. I painted my nails Really Red today. I'm feeling sassy. It's going to be a good week. I can just feel it. I am currently listening to "The Best of Morrissey" loudly (ok, really unacceptably loudly). I can only hope the neighbors hate it when their friends become successful.

13 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I am glad you were able to talk to the other person. Friendships are a work in progress -- they always need fine tuning.

Anonymous said...

I expect a cabinet position in the VONocracy.

Vonnie said...

AG, yes, it's going well I think!
TheMarty - well, duh.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

How much with Teh Martey get paid?

Vonnie said...

Less than teh Second in Command, aka AG.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Jon Langford and the Mekons always endorsed Old Town, I get the impression they're quite fond of it. I think I've got a recording of them playing an acoustic set there from a few years back...

Vonnie said...

BP - The theatre is fantastic, the sound is great, and not a bad seat in the house. How's the sound quality on the recording you have?

Vonnie said...

BP - The theatre is fantastic, the sound is great, and not a bad seat in the house. How's the sound quality on the recording you have?

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Hey, thanks Von. Me loves a good job that pays well. And BP, I note you come over here and flirt but not to AG's anymore. Though i gave up smack downs of bloggers I know, I could put in a clause for you if you continue to flirt elsewhere. :)

Vonnie said...

AG- c'mon, you can share!! Besides, BP picks on me too. He likened me to some Chicken Lady on Chuckles' comments.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Wait, all I wanted was for BP to come over to RoD. I miss him, that's all.

Chuckles. Where is Chuckles? I think he hates me.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

ummm, AG, I was lurking about over there today, until the security guards threw me out...

Von, the Mekes acoustic is pretty good for a fan recording. I think it was pulled off the board, so the crowd sounds are subdued, but hey, who wants every live recording to sound like Cheap Trick at Budokan?

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Security thew you out? I am going to need names so I can take numbers!

Was it Sally?!!!

I don't think so. Even trollypants was let back in the door. He didn't come though. Do you have any advice other than to tell him I am sorry and give him a Take 5 bar? Does he like loose women or naked pictures of Michelle Malkin? What can I do to welcome him back into the republic? AG and RoD have changed. We are mending fences.

Even SeanS is unbanned. I know. We need a resident cuckoo and he is totally up for the job.