I will admit, I formulated today's blog in the shower. I have some random things I want to share:
- For the love of GOD - History Channel is bringing the world a new season of Ice Road Truckers. I can hardly wait!! Ice! Semis! Grizzly guys with bad teeth and even worse grammar!! It's like I won the lottery!!
- People in my family like to mess up lyrics to songs. A lot. Some of my favorites come from VonMom and VonSis. VonSis used to like that one song "Unbelievable" by, um, Jesus Jones? Or EMF? Hell if I can remember. There were two lines she messed up pretty good. The first: "You shoe-frou, believe you" and the second "Your bur-ba-bur justs gives you away" VonMom just removed entire lines from a Shania Twain (bleh!!!) song. The song's title is also the line VonMom didn't quite get. Instead of "Who's bed have your boots been under" VonMom sang "Who-be-doo-be-doo-be-doo". I can't remember who sang this line, but it slays me every time. From AC/DC's "Shook me all night long", we get "She was a sass machine, she kept her mother clean".
- I tried to buy some fantastic plaid shorts today at an ok yet convenient clothing store today. I was told NNNNOOOOO because I had no monies left on my magic credit card. Boo hiss. I came home from work and took a look around at my closet and dresser. How? How did I max out my card? I was going through drawers and I realized the culprit. My drawers. Or draaaaws. Oh yeah, those 3 pairs of panties I bought with the blue polka dots on them. Yep. I must have really needed those. I must have had a buyer's remorse black out, as I have no remembrance of bringing home not one, but three pairs of polka dotted panties.
- Some Craig's list people came over to the Commune (the phenomenal apt. building I live in) to see the front unit that will be up for rent soon. I happened to come home from the gym and was parking as they were getting out of their car. I was all excited, and started rushing to get out of my car to see them, and be all like - 'Look at me! I live here too! I am very cheerful! I have a dog! I don't smell, and am not weird!', at which point I realized that in that moment I was smelly, and looked pretty weird with my mismatched workout clothes. So I hung out in my car and pretended to gather things. I'm planning on not being around the next time people come to see the place. I like to be the pleasant surprise. Kinda like - upgrade! Cool neighbor who likes to drink and sometimes will blog about you!
- Today's post is goofy on purpose. There are a couple of people in my life going through really hard times right now, and the levity is specifically for them. I hope they got a little chuckle out of something I wrote here today. To the one of you who will not ask for help no matter what - you should. You have no idea how well I can take care of my own, and don't mind doing it at all. Ask and you shall receive. I'm here for you, even when you think no one else is. To the one of you who did ask for help - I admire you all the more now for being awesome enough to ask for help. I am going to be there for you whenever you need. Probably to the point where you'll get sick of me, but at least hopefully with the hint of a smile or smirk on your face.
- If I don't see Indiana Jones SOON, I'm going to kill someone. So, any takers?