Monday, January 5, 2009

Road Haus

I have this strange affection for the movie "Road House". I didn't really realize I had a thing for this little bit o' cinema until my just ended long vacation. I found that every time "Road House" was on, I would leave it on. I even know some of the lines. Dalton? Patrick Swayze? One would think, right? With the 12 pack abs and rockin' mullet, every girl's dream. No, there's two dudes in that movie that make me put my remote down. A) Drrrrty Ollllld and-did-I-mention DIRTY Sam Elliot? Oh.My.God. When he rolls up on his Harley in his skinny black jeans with his messy salt and pepper do - yep. I believe his character's name is Wade, or something equally dangerous and sexxxay. If he didn't die, we'd totally have a sequel, all about me and him fighting bad guys in our own bar (probably called the Quadruple Fours) and riding off into the sunset on the back of his mrrrrw Harley. B) The blind singer guy. You know the one, he had like one hit single - Jeff Healy - that's his name. See he's cool and sexy because he's a musician, doubly cool because he's a blind musician, and he knows Dalton, and Wade, so he must be bad ass in his own way. He's sexy in an I-want-to-take-care-of-him way. Plus, in the movie he has a hot girlfriend, so that makes my impressionable female mind think 'Well, he MUST be hot, if she's with him'. Best scenery? Dalton's barn loft/apartment. I'd kill for that. It's $100 a month, and twice the size of my place. Best line? "C'mon chicken dick!" Ok, one of the basic cable channels blocked it out, but another didn't - gotta love inconsistencies!! I also love Red, the auto parts guy, Emmet, well, hell, I love all of the bit players that are old and missing teeth. I love them in an I'd really like to sit around a fire bit and have a few beers with these guys kind of way. Road House - 4 stars!! Admittedly one of the t.v. highlights of my long vacation!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh! Sam Elliot is HOT! Did I ever tell you Mark has an Uncle that looks like him?

And and that Jeff Healy guy dies last year, I think. I saw it recently ans was like, what?

Anonymous said...

I actually have never seen the movie. However, you have convinced me I need to see it.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Must I? I must.

Vonnie said...

L - yes, he died. Way to bring down the tone of the post.
AG - you need to see it, like, yesterday.
Rotten - oh, you so DID!! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Mullet's and Abs: This is what every guy needs to be sexay?

Vonnie said...

And Harleys. And skinny black jeans. And to be Sam Elliot.

Poptart said...

Oh I'm so glad AG posted before me. I thought I was the only one left who hadn't seen Road House...

Kathleen said...

LOL. too funny. I haven't seen it either but C and I always use it (and the other Swayze trucker movie, I think it's called Black Dog) as a metaphor for a terrible low budget movie. Have we been wrong??? :)

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

No, Kathleen. Total cheese, and we all know how much the Von hearts the Cheese.

Vonnie said...

Got that right. K - It's not a good movie. At.all. But I think if you decided to watch it, you might have a fun time with it, much like I do.
Yes, Rotten, I do LOVe the cheese!

Anonymous said...

Sam Elliot = nummy!

For more retarded, guilty-pleasure hottness, check out "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man."

Stupidly awesome. Awesomely stupid.

Vonnie said...

Will it be a movie night selection?