Sunday, February 28, 2010

People are teh awesome

I have to admit here to you all that I'm more than a little gleeful after the big meet and greet at Jennifer's house last night. The rumors are true, I did indeed make Grizzled spit beer once or twice, was charmed and delighted by the lamblets, and have a big ole girl crush on Jennifer herself. I may or may not have overstayed my welcome (it was a 5 + hour "come over for dinner" visit), but I was trying to figure out how to add one awesome dog and one adorable lamblet to the contents of my purse - I was just going to borrow them, I would have returned them eventually - so I might have been stalling. All joking aside. It's a wonderful thing when you meet someone (or in this case a bunch of someones) that you feel like you've known forever, and wish you have known forever. The laughs, snark, beer, chatter, and all around good time was effortless and endless. I see this as the beginning of a beautiful friendship. And You all know you're jealous.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

The feeling is very mutual, I'm sure.

Thanks Von!

We were still laughing this morning... Next, on Lifetime!!! "She went to a stranger's house... was given a stale cookie... and was then sent into the basement!!!"

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sounds like there's going to be plenty of partying in Chi-town.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

you're right!! Jealous!!!

Vonnie said...

I was going to make the Lifetime reference, and then I forgot!!
Hahahaha
That was awesome!
Z - wish you were there!!

Kathleen said...

I am jealous!

also, thunder's link ended up making me click on fish's pancake-Unicorn-Obama link. I am jealous of people who have not clicked on that link.