Sunday, February 28, 2010

People are teh awesome

I have to admit here to you all that I'm more than a little gleeful after the big meet and greet at Jennifer's house last night. The rumors are true, I did indeed make Grizzled spit beer once or twice, was charmed and delighted by the lamblets, and have a big ole girl crush on Jennifer herself. I may or may not have overstayed my welcome (it was a 5 + hour "come over for dinner" visit), but I was trying to figure out how to add one awesome dog and one adorable lamblet to the contents of my purse - I was just going to borrow them, I would have returned them eventually - so I might have been stalling. All joking aside. It's a wonderful thing when you meet someone (or in this case a bunch of someones) that you feel like you've known forever, and wish you have known forever. The laughs, snark, beer, chatter, and all around good time was effortless and endless. I see this as the beginning of a beautiful friendship. And You all know you're jealous.


Jennifer said...

The feeling is very mutual, I'm sure.

Thanks Von!

We were still laughing this morning... Next, on Lifetime!!! "She went to a stranger's house... was given a stale cookie... and was then sent into the basement!!!"

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sounds like there's going to be plenty of partying in Chi-town.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

you're right!! Jealous!!!

Von said...

I was going to make the Lifetime reference, and then I forgot!!
That was awesome!
Z - wish you were there!!

Kathleen said...

I am jealous!

also, thunder's link ended up making me click on fish's pancake-Unicorn-Obama link. I am jealous of people who have not clicked on that link.