Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kinda a bitch

Last week, I was talking to VonMom.
I was filling her in on the phone call I had with my God-mother the night before.
So, of course, we were talking about VonDad.
I was reminded that VonDad had said over and over and over again that he didn't want to go out the way his best friend Bud did. Long hospital stays, sick for months and months, all of that bad business of dying.  He always said he hated that's how Bud had to go, and just didn't want that for himself.
Well, VonDad got his wish. His passing took less than an hour, in the end.
VonMom looked at me and said "I want that. I want to go out like Dad did"
I could have been nice, but I'm still working on that with her and with the rest of the world I guess.  Plus, it's kinda in my nature to say the first evil thing that comes to mind:
"Keep on smoking like you do, and maybe you'll get your wish"

Sometimes, I don't even know what the fuck is wrong with me.

16 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Speaking of bad people, the whole post reminds me of the old joke:

"I would like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather; not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Kathleen said...

it happens

Kathleen said...

LOL zrm. excellent

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Too soon, zrm!
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Oh cripes. Now I pissed SOMEONE ELSE off.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

By the way, I have to get back to Columbus (to pay rent and make sure they don't throw away my stuff), but the cat is outside the door again.

We have a conversation earlier.

Cat: Meow
Me: Meow
Cat: Meow
Me: Meow
Cat: Meow
Me: Meow
Cat: Meow
Me: Meow
Cat: Meow
Me: Meow
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Are you planning on taking Old Orange back to C-town and releasing him among the Cats of German Village?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I don't see how it's an option, zrm. He's not interested in being caught.

I could try chasing him down, but 1) I'd probably lose that race, and 2) what if I succeeded? I don't think anyone would be very happy (and I'd probably be bloody).
~

fish said...

"Keep on smoking like you do, and maybe you'll get your wish"

That ain't coming from a bitchy place.

Vonnie said...

Z - Not too soon, is ok.
Thunder - did it give you instructions for me, or do I have to wait for moar orb eyez?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Beege made a Zardoz at my place, Von.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Z - Not too soon, is ok.

Yeah, that's why I said I was a bad person for saying it. But I had to say it. And I am already a bad person, so what the hell.

Although I think thunder might have been referencing his recent SUV acrobatics event.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

VON WHY ARE YOU NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE ZARDOZ AT EMPIRE???

It seems like you don't want to be part of this community.

:)

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Hi Von.

You still pissed at me?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Do I need to bring down more New Glarus beer?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Not bitchy, just unfiltered... like you said you'd be.