Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Things that piss me off Wednesday

Probably a bad thing that I'm posting today when we're supposed to go dark or something.
But, hey, I rarely go with the flow, so I'll just post away.


Things that stick in my craw, that make me throw up in my mouth, that I have contempt for today:
  • My socks. I'm wearing awesome argyle knee socks (it's fucking cold here, people) and they won't stay up! Spending a lot of quality time pulling up my socks. I don't have time for this sock pulling upness. Just stay up.  That is your only function.
  • My lunch.  Sure, it was free which is always a plus, but it was sub-par.  The thing is, we knew it would be. Kinda went like this: *sigh* "Let's go to name redacted" It's next door, and it's cold, so there you have it.
  • People who post the same old boring shit on teh FB.  As in: Happy Hump day! One day closer to the weekend!  Um, thanks, Captain Obvious, for letting us know it's Wednesday.  And wow, that is the exact same thing you posted LAST Wednesday.  Lame and boring. Boring and lame.  Let's spice it up a bit, or not post at all, m'kay?
  • Female bloggers who beg cry and would swallow (yep, I said it) for attention.  If no one is reading your blog? It probably sucks.  If no one is replying to your comments? They're probably over you and your b.s.  Just shut the fuck up and write your stupid little posts. If they get read, great if not, so what?! Does your blog make or break you as a person? Probably - about as much as interweb attention from a bunch of dudes who really don't give a shit does.
  • Chicago radio.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  There is NOTHING worth listening to on Chicago radio.  Nothing.  Even XRT is a mess of repeats. If I have to hear Pumped Up Kicks one more time in an 8 hour workday, I'll throw my Hello Kitty boom box right out the window.
  • SOPA and PIPA.  I now understand what all of the hub bub is about, and I don't like it one bit.  See, I took some time to educate myself on the topic, THEN formed an opinion. Novel idea!
  • That I can't park in the garage this winter. C'mon Overlord - you won't be working soon, which means you'll have plenty of time to clear the snow off of your VonDad's truck.  I leave for work at 6:25 every day. Would be nice if I could just pull out of the garage....no snow to clean off....but nooooooo.
  • The whole Paula Deen thing.  Do we wish her ill just because she cooks everything with a stick of butter? I think she's cute, and fun to watch.  I'm sad for her, just as I'd be sad for anyone diagnosed with something sucky.  Let's leave her alone.
  • Winter. I said it. I'm a wimp.  I hate everything about winter. We've been so lucky with no real winter until very recently, but I don't care. Hate snow, hate cold, hate ice.  I just want to sleep through it. 

30 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

It's Wednesday?!?!?!?

Why didn't anyone tell me?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

-I didn't have ANY lunch today. I got out of the house before remembering I am broke today and didn't make a lunch. If I don't go home early and get something to eat, I am going to eat a goddam robot tonight.

- If no one is reading your blog? It probably sucks.

This hurts me. I like to pretend LOTS of people are reading my blog.

- I haven't listened to radio since leaving Madison. Radio wasn't even that bad then.

-SOPA. Empire is dark, more out of laziness. If our Media Conglomerate Weasel Overlords decide that the INternet is more of a liability for them than a benefit, it's going down. Hey, they have been thinking that suing their customers is an effective business strategy. Yes, I am cynical today, why do you ask?

- Big discussion on Paula Deen over at fish's. Suffice to say that health issues aside, her handling of it is kind of dicky from a greedy Media Personality kind of way. I am not inclined to give her a pass, as she is using the illness as a lever to get some drug company money.

- Shoveled last night. Cold today, tomorrow, next day. I'm gonna take a shovel to one of the neighborhood college students.

Happy Happy Zombie!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

LOL. regarding the radio:

I was looking at the Pazz and Jop best of 2011 list, and making notes of the stuff that people are thinking is good, for later download. Turns out I already have like 90% of the stuff I wanted to download. Who knew?

So I am listening to a 2011 playlist, to hear what last year sounded like. It sounded pretty good, to me at least. Too bad the other aspects of the year bit tires.

currently, music library is at 45,300 tracks.

LOL. I have issues.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I am GENERAL Obvious, thank you.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

THAT'S IT!

I am gonna post today, too.

5 pictures. (Unless I find more that have to be posted.)
~

Jennifer said...

XRT used to be awesome, and I still listen out of habit, but as Grizzled says, it's really become an oldie station. How often do we need to hear Big Country in 2012??

I will gripe in that I have to head back out and I'm pooped...

Boo-hiss to your socks!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

SIX Pictures. The number of pictures shall be six.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

(three, sir!)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Five is right out.

Armaments, Chapter II.
~

blue girl said...

her handling of it is kind of dicky from a greedy Media Personality kind of way. I am not inclined to give her a pass, as she is using the illness as a lever to get some drug company money.

I would become a media personality right this very second and leverage it somehow so that I might be able to go on vacation!!

Yes, ZRM, I am going to follow you around the internet and make this vacation joke until the Gov't pulls the plug on the intertubes!

IT WILL BE AN INTERNET TRADITION.

blue girl said...

Von, I loved your ranting post! LOL'd several times. :)

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

So, what's pissing you off on THURSDAY, Von?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I LIKE ice. It's just the thing to add to my drink.

Vonnie said...

Do I have to be pissed off every day?
DO I!?!?!?

Jennifer said...

My sinuses are mega-pissed off today. I'm not sure what I did to them, but they are not happy...

blue girl said...

Jennifer, that's how I was yesterday. Sinus headache so bad all day it was like my head was in a vice. It was HORRIBLE.

I hope you feel better!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Do I have to be pissed off every day?
DO I!?!?!?



errrr.....

fish said...

I am pissed off that iTunes won't share Zombie's music across all the internets. Would put both Pandora and EMI out of business.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

But not 3Bulls Radio, right, fish?
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I have some 3BR worthy music in my library, especially now that I've been digitizing my old vinyl.

I've tried not to worry about the eventual embarrassment...

Kathleen said...

I kind of want to turn this sock thing into a "May the Force be With You".

May Your Socks Stay Put

May Your Socks Stop Sucking

May Your Days Be Filled With Everything Except Sock-Pulling

May your knee-highs stay knee high

?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

when you learn to go sockless, you will have learned Jedi wisdom, Padawan.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Bunched socks you will have. [/Yoda]

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I hate ho Lucas CGI'ed bunched up-socks on all the Jedi in the 3D remakes.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Han Solo pulled up his socks FIRST!!!

Jennifer said...

I kind of want to turn this sock thing into a "May the Force be With You".

From an old Irish blessing:

May your socks rise up to meet you...

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

May you live in interesting socks.

Vonnie said...

Y'all are killing me with the sock thing.
And reminding me how much funnier you are than I am.
All at the same time.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

"Ho Lucas" was a pretty apt typo.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

How often do we need to hear Big Country in 2012??

Watch it, you! Problem is, they play the same song over and over again...