Friday, January 6, 2012

Music, music and more music

I'm doing it again.
Writing a post, then deleting it. lather-rinse-repeat.

I don't really know what needs telling today.  So here's some music stuff:
  • I hate Sheryl Crow. A lot. She's one of the main reasons for my dislike of female singers as a people. 
  • That being said, there are a few female singers that I adore, damn near obsess over. TheMarty and Shannon's cousin Clare are fascinated by this. Every time I see them, they quiz me on female singers, seeing who "has it" and who does not.
  • Who has it? Adele - she is the QUEEN of has it.  Others? Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Janis Joplin, Sarah McLachlan, Sara Bareilles (but nothing by her that's played on the radio), Patty Smyth, Pink, Missy Higgins, Joss Stone, both Anne and Nancy Wilson.
  • I'm not entirely sure what "It" is. Care to think on it?
  • I posted lyrics from Hurt so Good yesterday on both teh FB and Twitter. No one got the reference or cared. Has John Cougar Mellencamp become obsolete?
  • I start guitar class again a week from tomorrow.  I fully intend to do some practicin' between now and then. I intend to.
  • I'm also considering learning to play bass. Because I think I would be an awesome bass player. And, there's only like four strings instead of six.
  • I'm going to be hitting on John's bass player tomorrow - if I get him to kiss me, maybe he'll lend me one of his old bass's to learn on.
  • I can't decide if I want an iPod touch (which I can get now) or an iPad (which will take some time to save up for). I'm really torn on this one.
  • I had to turn down a ticket to the Megadeth/Motorhead show next month.  I'm trying to get serious about paying down my debts, and am trying to go out less. This means less concerts. This makes me sad.
  • I have a friend who's a real and true Opera singer. And he's amazing.  And I have every intention of going to see him perform soon.  And I think if you live nearby, you should see him too.
  • I like Lifehouse.  I admit it. Sure, it's a dirty little secret, but I do. My favorite tunes are Storm and Everything.  If anyone every sang Everything to me, I'd be theirs forever timez.
  • I also think 3 Doors Down is an entirely under-rated band.
  • I think Anthax's Worship Music album is one of the completely best albums I've heard in a very very long time.
  • My favorite favorite favorite song right now is Bridge Over Troubled Water. For some reason it makes me think happy thoughts about my dad. I'm even considering getting some of the lyrics tattooed on me. Sail on, Silver Girl.

28 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

And, there's only like four strings instead of six.

depends on the bass you get.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Who has it?

SALLY TIMMS.

Also, the Mekons have a woman bass player - Sara Corina. I had dinner with her.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Now getcher butt over to my Zardoz.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Von is now Officially The Nuance Hammer.

We are all feeling very positive about this development.

Kathleen said...

good on ya girl

Jennifer said...

I posted lyrics from Hurt so Good yesterday on both teh FB and Twitter. No one got the reference or cared. Has John Cougar Mellencamp become obsolete?

I got it... I am just somewhat protective of my Hoosier roots at times...

If you get a BOTW tatoo, you must get one that actually plays the song! I MEAN IT!

Vonnie said...

Ok, you are correct, Sally Timms totally has it.
WTF is a Nuance Hammer!?!?!

If I could get a tat that played music, that would be awesome!!!

Brando said...

I randomly found this girl playing Avenged Sevenfold today while I was looking for "Fade to Black." Thought you would enjoy it.

Bass also rocks, but only if you play four strings. Anything else and you will wind up in Dream Theater.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Four strings are 3 two many.

Also, if you borrow the gas tank from your neighbor's truck, say at 3 AM, the instrument is FRESS!

fish said...

WTF is a Nuance Hammer!?!?!

Beautiful.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

"two many" sheesh.

I blame Santorum. Or perhaps I blah Santorum.

Brando said...

FREE. FREE, Dammit.

ZRM, are you all right now?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Of course, that Gas Tank Bass is also totally fress.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Is this where the youtubers get posted?
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Is this where the youtubers get posted?

Is this where the potatoes get wasted?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

We're going to be having some smashed potatoes tonight, with minimal waste.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

well, as long as SOMEONE'S getting smashed.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Probably plenty of red wine, chicken, and broccoli with that.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I will have some. Hold the chicken. and the broccoli.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

red wine is good for bruises, thdnr.

Zombies say so.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Important Bass news.

Scroll down to the 'company warnings'.

Interestingly, I am cross posting this at fish's, for entirely different reasons.

mikey said...

Ok, maybe, but right off the top of my head I've got Debbie Harry, Maria McKee, Jenny Lewis, Crissie Hynde, Patty Smyth, Tanya Donelly, and those girls from Varuca Salt.

So there.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Who has it?

Leslie Dowdall

Has John Cougar Mellencamp become obsolete?

His position was outsourced, and he was replaced by a multipurpose unit- Elton John Denver Mellencamp.

I'm also considering learning to play bass. Because I think I would be an awesome bass player. And, there's only like four strings instead of six.

You need strong fingers- it's like playing the inside of a piano.

Also, the Mekons have a woman bass player - Sara Corina. I had dinner with her.

Kim Deal...

blue girl said...

I love "You and Me" by Lifehouse, Von.

I'm not entirely sure what "It" is. Care to think on it?

Strong presence, authority, personality & talent all wrapped up in one kick ass female.

I'm glad you including Anne & Nancy Wilson. I see way too much Heart hate on the Internet.

blue girl said...

I would correct my "including" to "included" there, but after ZRM's FRESS and TWO, my including is not that big of a deal. :)

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

BG, I saw Heart at Summerfest last summer.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

Vonnie said...

Nope. Wrong. Big fat NO to Debbie Harry and Veruca Salt. Don't know the other ladies mentioned. I'll likely guess they do not have it.

Vonnie said...

Huh, I see a zardoz avatar, yet there is no zardoz over here