I'm trying to be more honest with myself, and in doing so, I guess that'll make me more honest with you reader
You all know since the passing of VonDad, I've given myself the free pass of Vulnerable and Prone to Making Bad Decisions.
Not that I think any of my decisions since October have been bad. I haven't hurt anyone else, not really, and no harm has come to me.
I've got not one but two good guys who are pretty happy with the state of affairs right now. I'm happy that one is back in my life, and I'm also happy that I've gotten to know the other. If nothing else they both may end up as pretty decent friends. And, let's face it - I'm happy to be getting some on a regular basis.
there's that honesty thing, right there
Now, a few of my friends (who happen to be ladies) think that I'm acting "like a guy". I'm not sure if that's supposed to be warning, or insulting, or a compliment. I just find it confusing. I had a need, I took care of it. Luckily I am pretty charming and not a troll, so it wasn't difficult to find a couple of guys to help me out. And, truthfully, if I had more time, I'd probably add one or two more to the calendar. Variety is the spice of life.
As to the single-ness that I linger in.
I think I'd make a really shitty girlfriend, and an even worse wife. I'm just being honest here. I used to think that I'd be AWESOME as either girlfriend or wife, but now, I'm not so sure.
I have very specific things that I'm not entirely sure I can bend on:
- I live alone, and have for 12 years. Therefore, I not only LOVE my free alone time, I COVET it. You can be in my house sometimes, you can even spend some Sunday time there, but sometimes, you just need to NOT.
- I have one full time job that I love. I have one part time job that I also love. This means I work downtown M - F 8-5, and also work either Friday or Saturday night immediately following work until really late, sometimes on Thursday nights and oh yeah, sometimes on Sundays too. Again, I LOVE this part time job of mine, and I'm not willing to give it up. Oh, and I'm on the board of directors at DANK, which takes up whatever is left of my time. I have 11 more months of that good time, so there's that. OH AND, both part time gig and DANK are in Lincoln Square, so not that close to home.
- I kinda hate talking on the phone. Sure, text me until your finger tips fall off, go to town, but really - don't call me.
- I actually LIKE watching football and baseball and hockey. I also enjoy being on fantasy leagues. What I don't like? You trying to explain all of sports to me like I'm a silly little bar fly without a clue. When and if I need your help with my fantasy teams, I will ask you. With my head hung in shame.
- I don't cook. I hate it. I do bake, but only sometimes, and never for myself. I bake and give it away. I will make a tray of lasagna once in a while, but that's it.
- The beer in the fridge? That's mine. It's from WI and is not exported to IL, so no, you can't "just try it". Same goes for my bottle of 16 year single malt scotch. Ok, that you can have, if you know how to drink it. And if I can pour it for you.
- My friends and family are important to me. It's pretty important that you can tolerate them. Oh, did I mention I have SIX siblings? All older than me? Good with that? Didn't think so.
- I have tattoos, and intend to get more. I really don't care if you have an opinion on that.
- I don't really want to talk politics or religion with you. Ever.