Thursday, April 19, 2012

Damn it, Chicago

So, on the twitter thing, I've been spending a lot of time following and promoting the food trucks of Chicago.
Sadly,
I dropped most of them today.
I wasn't feeling the love, except from a few, so I've kept those.  I've also decided to keep following other tweeters who's entire feed is food trucks.

Since I don't want to take the shunning silence too personally, I think I know what happened.

The darn police.

Unfortunately, Chicago has no love for food trucks.  The restrictions are ridiculous here.  They cannot cook on the trucks.  They cannot park ANYWHERE.
And now, they're cracking down even further.
Stupid stupid stupid.
You'd think they don't have anything better to do?

So, I'm thinking since this crackdown, the trucks have been circling the wagons (see what I did there? I am so clever!) and not building too many relationships with random tweeters.

Too bad.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sounds pretty corporate to me, Von.

But isn't that what Rahm is all about?

(I don't know much about his mayoral exploits, thus far, so this is an impression from afar.)

p.s. now on my 7th w.v. attempt.
~

A Minute with Michael said...

What is your Twitter address anyway? I'll "follow" you.