Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday ramble

I've got 10 minutes to spare before lunch, so what the hell.

Here's some random rambles for a Friday:
  • This morning BZ and I had a dance party at the train stop. For real. The song was "Where is the Love" by the Black Eyed Peas.  Typically, I do not like the BEPs, but I do like this song. Enough to dance to it at 7am in public.  And it makes me luv BZ all the more.
  • It's Good Friday. "Von, what did you give up for Lent?"  Great question, readers.  The answer to that would be sex.
  • Currently listening to a 55 song playlist created the other night.  It's called Goodbye. It's for me to get past a 23 year thing that just needs to go the hell away.  I need to refind my value, and clearly, to RS, I have none.  Song on right now? "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson
  • Bestie Shannon is doing really well here, working for the man.  I have no doubt that she will get hired permanently once her 90 days is up.  We IM pretty much all the time.  We're going out to lunch today.
  • "Von, what are you doing for Easter?" Well, not going to Mass (see post I wrote about that nonsense).  I will be sleeping in, then wandering upstairs to VonSis's for eating some foods and stuff. First Easter without VonDad.  Not loving this year of firsts.  I will be bringing bread items, as that's what spinsters do.
  • I will be distributing mass quantities of New Glarus beer this weekend.  I want it out of my kitchen.  I have PLENTY of my own, and don't really need cases all over my kitchen.  Because there are cases all over my kitchen.
  • I am a VERY generous friend (see above bullet point)
  • Three minutes until lunch time.  Damn, I either type slow (HA) or think slow.  I'm going with think slow.
  • I have every intention of spending a LOT of time in Milwaukee this summer - so Z, we need to talk, yes?
  • I promise to be back next week bringing the snark and the love in equal parts.
Happy Weekend

16 comments:

A Minute with Michael said...

What do you mean slow? Have a very Hoppy Easter! (Gunshot, thud)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Wow. If I didn't live so far away, I drive up for some free beer!

Now zrm, on the other hand...
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Because there are cases all over my kitchen.

I simply do not see the problem here.

Summerfest headliners announced so far:

http://www.summerfest.com/music/lineup/

I am thinking Heartless Bastards, Fountains of Wayne, Cake, Head And The Heart, Joy Formidable, maybe Ben Folds, maybe ZZtop. AT A MINIMUM. Avett Brothers. Atmosphere? The Hives?

Keep in mind that these are just the headliners at each stage. For each headliner, there are four or five other bands; and there are a couple of my favorite stages that have local acts too.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Now zrm, on the other hand...

Pfft. I can walk up to my corner store to get New Glarus beer.

Vonnie said...

Michael - posted just for you
Thunda - you are always welcome!
Z - Ben Folds for me is 100% yes. We'll talk on the other ones. How do I get a pass?
Oh, and beer at your corner store? Jealous. I might have to move to Milwaukee.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Heck, we used to have corner bars.


How many days you think you might want to go to S-Fest? I usually buy a few advance sale tickets for visitors.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Also, Friday Shamble.

Kathleen said...

I hate a cluttered kitchen.

Jennifer said...

I simply do not see the problem here.

Me, either.

Excess beer (is there such a thing?)is not clutter.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Not until it's just empty bottles.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

So Kathleen is saying that her kitchen is full of empty bottles.

mikey said...

I loathe Cake every bit as much as I love Fountains of Wayne.

I was driving up to Marin this morning and they said on the radio that the markets were closed for the holiday and I was all "Holiday? What fuckin' holiday is it? I haven't heard anything about a holiday, fer cryin out loud."

Well it turns out that some people got pissed because Easter is supposed to be some kinda big deal day and nobody even got a day offa work or anything so they made up this Friday before Easter holiday and that pissed off the Jews 'cause they thought they had that action covered and the christianists were all "ha ha hardee har" and I still don't get the whole Zombie holiday thing - aren't I supposed to pop a couple of .22s in Jesus brain pan??

This whole zombie canon just keeps getting harder to follow...

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Cake vodka is no treat either mikey.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

"Von, what did you give up for Lent?"

Lent!

Vonnie said...

Yes, actually you're right. I did give up Lent for Lent. Darn church, getting all up in my political business.

Z - I'm not sure - is the schedule up? I'll look into that over the next day or so

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

summerfest.com

All they have so far are a majority of the headliners....there are tons more bands to be announced.

Knowing the music you like, I GUARANTEE two things:

1. Anyday you go, you will find something you like.
2. If you wander around, you will discover a new band you like.