Friday, April 13, 2012

Why is it.....

  • that when I put my ear buds down for 30 seconds to answer a phone call, they are all tangled and knotted when I pick them up again?
  • that Shuffle on the iPod plays favorites with the songs?
  • that I cannot keep my blankets on the bed for more than 1/2 the night?
  • that any of the Kardashians still exist on this planet?
  • that I feel horrible not finishing a book I was reading, even though I really really hated the book?
  • that every time VonMom makes tacos, there's something different about them?
  • I can't remember what I did last week, but when I think of certain people, I remember every moment I've spent with them?
  • that Wrigley Field gets to call itself a ball park, when it's really an open air bar/meat market?
  • that I'm booked halfway through July already between work and social calendars?
  • that no one wants to head hunt me? I'm awesome, aren't I?
  • that he doesn't miss me as much as I miss him?
  • that Tupac had to die?  (thanks for putting him in my head, BZ)
  • that spelling and grammar are lost on the young?
  • that I really do not like sitcoms?
  • that even though it's Friday I have this sense of dread?
  • that my iPad seems to need to be charged every weekend, at the most inconvenient time?
  • that the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain?
  • that I can't buy New Glarus beer in Illinois?

12 comments:

A Minute with Michael said...

Such a day you're having, Oy!

Jennifer said...

that I feel horrible not finishing a book I was reading, even though I really really hated the book?

This first happened to me back in the late 80's... and it bothered me. I'd stopped reading many since, and I'm still alive and thriving. :) It gets easier. The first one is a hard though.

that Wrigley Field gets to call itself a ball park, when it's really an open air bar/meat market?

LOL!!

that he doesn't miss me as much as I miss him?

Fuck him. You only miss the "idea" of him.

that spelling and grammar are lost on the young?

They're lost on the old as well. Mine used to be perfect, but as I've gotten older... my skills have sagged, much like my boobs.

iPad still sounds like a diaper or sanitary napkin to me...

that I can't buy New Glarus beer in Illinois?

This is just WRONG! Which is why I'm glad we live as close to WI as I do... zombies or not.

Jennifer said...

Ignore previous grammatical errors... I already see 3.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Heh.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That zombies say, "Heh?"
~

mikey said...

The answer to all is that the world is a harsh, cruel, irrational place and we simply grow up under relentless indoctrination. Most of the things we believe, and virtually all of our expectations are lies or delusions.

Cheaters always prosper.

The police are not your friends.

While it is true that sticks and stones will break your bones, whatever idiot said that names could never hurt was far out of touch with reality.

The road to hell is actually paved with everybody's scheme to get over.

I'm rubber and you're glue - nope. Diseased flesh and fragile bone.

All one needs to know can be found in Houseman:

Therefore, since the world has still
Much good, but much less good than ill,
And while the sun and moon endure
Luck’s a chance, but trouble’s sure,
I’d face it as a wise man would,
And train for ill and not for good.

Jennifer said...

The police are not your friends.

This reminds me of Grizzled telling our girls, "If the police ever pull you over, you open your window about an inch and you press your driver's license against the glass."

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

that every time VonMom makes tacos, there's something different about them?

Because your mom is German-American, so tacos are exotic, and should possess a slight element of the unknown.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Not when you've perfected the Brain Taco recipe.

that I can't buy New Glarus beer in Illinois?


Duh, ILLINOIS.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

that I'm booked halfway through July already between work and social calendars?

So much for Summerfest, I guess...

Another Kiwi said...

Life is what happens to you while you make other plans.
J W Lennon

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

WHAT ABOUT YOU, VON?!?!?

DIDJA SEE ME WAVING? HUH?

I would have stopped, but you don't have any New Glarus beer.