Monday, April 9, 2012

How very.....

Since I don't go to Mass anymore, I decided to run out to the grocery store early Easter morning to buy the stuff I was supposed to bring to brunch. 
I didn't break a sweat - I was in charge of bread, rolls, and orange pop.

I was overtly nice to all of the little worker bees at the store - I was sure that some of them had religion, and yet by circumstance or necessity - there they were, working on Easter.

Well.

Got to the register, and as I'm waiting for my turn - a ruckus starts one checkout lane over:
"I don't BELIEVE THIS BULLSHIT! I mean! Really! I have to go to GOD DAMNED MASS  in an hour!"
Apparently - this fine God-fearing Christian was super pissed at all of the world because he could not purchase his Ernest and Gallo, box o wine, and Old Style at 9am on a Sunday.  He was told (very politely) that he could come back later to make the purchase, but state law is state law.

"BUT I'M HAVING GOD DAMNED EASTER AT MY HOUSE!!! I have to go to Mass at 10:30!!! What the hell!! This is unbelievable!!"

Rant rave roar

I checked out, gave some $$ to the charity listed at the register, and smiled at and thanked my cashier.

Walking out to my car, I was smiling and shaking my head -

So, who is the "better person" here?  The heathen (me) who has sworn off Mass for good, but still believes in the basics of do unto others and such; OR the Mass going Church loving drunk who felt good about berating the entire grocery store before his precious Mass?

Von - 1  Mass - 0

7 comments:

A Minute with Michael said...

Amen sister. See what I did there? Ha!

Jennifer said...

Any drunk worth his salt would know he couldn't buy alcohol on a Sunday morning...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What Jennifer said.

Stock up, babies!
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

he could not purchase his Ernest and Gallo, box o wine, and Old Style at 9am on a Sunday.

You can in Milwaukee. Also New glarus beer.

mikey said...

Also in Cali. And in Nevada you can buy booze 24x7x365. Nevada, despite being full of wingnuts, has some reasonable rules.

But then, so does the people's democratic republic of Oregon, where there are virtually NO wingnuts, so it just goes to show you that people make the laws they want to live under.

Hence, Florida...

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Also, in Milwaukee, that order will need to have a bottle of Korbel brandy added.

And, since this is me talking here, a jug o Sailor Jerry's...

fish said...

I think you should give Massachusetts a second chance. Sure there are still some blue laws, but lobster rolls.