Writing a post, then deleting it. lather-rinse-repeat.
I don't really know what needs telling today. So here's some music stuff:
- I hate Sheryl Crow. A lot. She's one of the main reasons for my dislike of female singers as a people.
- That being said, there are a few female singers that I adore, damn near obsess over. TheMarty and Shannon's cousin Clare are fascinated by this. Every time I see them, they quiz me on female singers, seeing who "has it" and who does not.
- Who has it? Adele - she is the QUEEN of has it. Others? Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Janis Joplin, Sarah McLachlan, Sara Bareilles (but nothing by her that's played on the radio), Patty Smyth, Pink, Missy Higgins, Joss Stone, both Anne and Nancy Wilson.
- I'm not entirely sure what "It" is. Care to think on it?
- I posted lyrics from Hurt so Good yesterday on both teh FB and Twitter. No one got the reference or cared. Has John Cougar Mellencamp become obsolete?
- I start guitar class again a week from tomorrow. I fully intend to do some practicin' between now and then. I intend to.
- I'm also considering learning to play bass. Because I think I would be an awesome bass player. And, there's only like four strings instead of six.
- I'm going to be hitting on John's bass player tomorrow - if I get him to kiss me, maybe he'll lend me one of his old bass's to learn on.
- I can't decide if I want an iPod touch (which I can get now) or an iPad (which will take some time to save up for). I'm really torn on this one.
- I had to turn down a ticket to the Megadeth/Motorhead show next month. I'm trying to get serious about paying down my debts, and am trying to go out less. This means less concerts. This makes me sad.
- I have a friend who's a real and true Opera singer. And he's amazing. And I have every intention of going to see him perform soon. And I think if you live nearby, you should see him too.
- I like Lifehouse. I admit it. Sure, it's a dirty little secret, but I do. My favorite tunes are Storm and Everything. If anyone every sang Everything to me, I'd be theirs forever timez.
- I also think 3 Doors Down is an entirely under-rated band.
- I think Anthax's Worship Music album is one of the completely best albums I've heard in a very very long time.
- My favorite favorite favorite song right now is Bridge Over Troubled Water. For some reason it makes me think happy thoughts about my dad. I'm even considering getting some of the lyrics tattooed on me. Sail on, Silver Girl.