Monday, November 10, 2008

Boston? Wicked Pissah!

Our trip to Boston was just that - wicked pissah. Wicked and wicked pissah are my new most favorite things to say. I am going to infiltrate Chicago with these Bostonian words because I love them that much. 18 hours in a car ain't no thing when it's with Shannon and TheMarty. I was able to stay awake from 9pm when they picked me up until about 4:30 am on our way there. I vaguely remember stopping for breakfast somewhere near Rochester NY. Really, don't remember that. I do remember getting really sick and tired of rest stop bathrooms about 9 hours into the trip. Somehow, we arrived at Lauren and Greg's exactly at 4pm east coast time, just as was on Shannon's itinerary. Weeeirrrrdd. After getting settled we all met up and took the T to Boston to see Great Big Sea. Oh.My.God. I LOVE this band. I can't believe I've never heard of this band before!!! And! And they have a member who plays the bodhran!!! Squeeeee...... While trying to get comfortable during the intermission (the seats were made for little people. Really little people - like midgets) Hilary noticed that the guys in front of us were swearing a lot. How did she handle this? By leaning forward and saying: "Hey, you're f*cking swearing a f*cking lot." One of the guys (H O T) had me laughing my midwestern ass off by running down the litany of Boston stereotype chatter. The whole "paaak the caaaa in Haaavaaad yaaaad" and on and on. Too too funny. Saturday we went shopping. Is New England the reason that the word "quaint" was invented? I think so! We headed to this little country store thing which was gigantic with antiques and awesomeness. On our way back to Hilary and Dave's house, Dave told me this little joke: "Von. What's the difference between pink and purple?" "What?" "Her grip." Bawhaaaaahawhawwwww That's pretty much how we talked to each other all weekend. Jokes and dirty humor abounded. We all met up at Lauren and Greg's before heading to the party. The costumes are as follows: Von - witch (lame, I know. Bad planning). Shannon - sexy snow white. Marty - Dave (of the her grip joke) Dave - Red Sox fan Hilary - Crazy cat lady Lauren - Dr. Who Greg - Captain Jack from Torchwood Eric - the JOhn 3:16 guy. The party was wicked awesome. Lauren's parents have converted their garage into the most fantastic party barnthing evah. There were decorations everywhere, and lights, and seats and a woodstove and awesomeness. I loved it. There was a ton of food, which was good because the cider that Hil made was STRONG!! Someone, Eric I think? bought a beer called Monstah (for real) in honor of my obsession with the boston accent. I got a little drunk pretty fast. It was the cider - that delicious nectar. Mmmm. Rum! Sunday we got started a little late, I wonder why! We all (minus Hil) headed in to Boston to see the sights. We had the best weather that weekend. It was upper 60s low 70s all weekend long. We went to No Name seafood for some chowdah. The best seafood chowder in Boston? Don't know, but it was mmmm good!! We all ate a big lunch there, and headed over to a Contemporary Art place. Ok, I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of contemporary art, but I was just going along with the crowd. I walked in to one "exhibit" where there was some light on the floor or something. There were a bunch of people in the room looking at the light or something. I turned around, and Eric was behind me. I said, "Oh, f*ck no." and walked out. Eric shrugged and laughed. Turns out Dave is about as much of a Contemp Art fan as I am, so we walked around together making fun of the exhibits and the people that love them. Good times. We walked around the city, and Dave told me a bunch of bullshit stories about the famous people and historical figures in and around Boston. I believed him at first, but I caught on eventually. We had dinner Sunday night at this wicked pissah place called Chatta Box and then got ice cream from some place where the cows that make the ice cream live right there. Again, I say quaint!! 4 am came much too soon! Our trip home included 2 hail storms, and a SNOW STORM in Indiana. I kid you not. White out blasting the car snow storm. Sigh. I wish we could have stayed in Boston a few more days. I'd love to go back, and soon!! Lauren, Greg, Hilary, Dave and Eric - you guys are wicked pissah. Can people be that? I hope so, because you are. Here are some pictures from our trip:

5 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Shouldn't that read "How to eat a LOBSTAH"?

Vonnie said...

Rock Lobstah!!

Kathleen said...

awesome! is it really only 18 hours from Chicago to Boston?

Vonnie said...

Yep! That included bathroom breaks and the one meal stop at Cracker Barrell.

Poptart said...

Sounds/looks like so much fun! Glad to see you are back on here... I am behind in the posts!